Friday, March 15, 2013

Love Friendship Loyalty


I had this set Irish Blessings out for the past little while wanting to use it before St. Patrick's Day, and I realized if I don't do it soon....March 17th will be over!  Wow, where has this month gone!  I just LOVE this bouquet of oxalis tied together in a bundle.   My husband asked me the other day why I don't use more burgundy in my cards (he obviously likes that colour), so I added it in as accent (just cause I love him :) )  and I love how it makes the green look so rich.  The bundle is stamped on Flourishes Classic White with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics.  I trimmed the bundle out with a tiny white border.  The white is a gorgeous new die from Spellbinders - A2 Locking Loops.  I thought it had that celtic feel to it.  



I added the vining elements from the set onto Flourishes Color Made Easy Pistachio cardstock with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, and then a little bit of wrinkled burgundy ribbon woven through the open loops of the die, with a little accent of white pearls.  Sometimes simple cards have the most visual impact don't you think?

Hope you enjoy your Saturday, thank you for stopping over and blessing mine!  

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Love this shamrock bouquet :) Lovely card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow what a beautiful bouquet Christine.

greetings karin

Mary Ann said...

Oh my beautiful card,Love your coloring...

TLady said...

GORGEOUS CARD CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! (I too am a lover of Burgandy!!!!! It's such a RICH COLOR!!!!!) :)

Tricia T said...

How pretty! The burgundy is great... tell DH he has a good eye for color. :) And I really like that SB die!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is gorgeous, your coloring makes it look so real and love the deep burgundy with the green!!

Dianne said...

Beautiful creation Christine, love the coloring, thanks for sharing and I hope your having a great weekend..

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers! Lovin' the burgundy blooms on your Oxalis Christine! Stunning card details! Love the tone on tone stamping too!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful Christine, I do like the touch of burgundy, it gives a POP. I alway forget about St. Paddy's Day. When the kids were little I always decorated and made things special on this day by starting off with green milk for breakfast and so forth, it was fun. Now I think I will go dig out that stamp and make a card today.

Maria said...

Gorgeous!!!

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, this is beautiful! The cranberry color totally rocks! I love how you've tied the bow. It looks like it's part of the ribbon on the image.