Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Alleluia


I could not let this Easter week go by without sharing something special.  And this gorgeous Cross from Flourishes He is Risen set is a powerful symbol of Easter and of hope for me.  I pulled out all my old papers looking for just the right ones...and I found these perfect ones from Kaiser - Sweet Nothings.  The background sheet looks just like sun rays peeking through the clouds from the top right and it was a perfect fit for the Resurrection, and the colours were perfect for this set.  

I stamped on Flourishes Classic Ivory with Memento Tuxedo Black, then colouried up the image with Copic Markers, trimming it out to have a bit of a border.  I added some embossing with the Fireflies folder behind the main image, and a corner punch to pair with this beautiful Spellbinders die (Radiant Rectangles).  I sewed the layers on, and then added some lovely embellishments, some pretty varigated ribbon in blue, some faceted gems, the sentiment stamped with Memento Summer Sky ink on our Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die, and some looped trim.  


Kaiser always has punch outs at the end of their paper packs with scallops or sentiment lables and they worked perfectly on this card inside and out as well.  








Easter Blessings to each of you friends.  I'll be back shortly! :)


11 comments:

Pauline said...

Christine, this is absolutely stunning!! What a beautiful Easter card. Love all your details on this, and the background paper is a perfect fit!

Emily Keaton said...

This is gorgeous!! I am blessed to have this set in my collection, and I do believe that it is my favorite Easter set. Your creation is just stunning!

Tricia T said...

GORGEOUS, Christine! I love the beauty of the cross against the grey of the background. He is our life and our hope!!! Happy Easter to you and yours!

Tricia

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous imaage and coloring, the background paper is perfect and lovely framing!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Christine.

greetings karin

Marisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous Easter card!!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, this is such a stunning card! I noticed the "rays of light" right away and thought you had sponged it. Love the coloring!

TLady said...

SO LOVELY CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sherry Kushibab said...

Girlfriend you KNOW this is my favorite Easter stamp. I often wonder if I'll ever find another I like as much. What delish papers AND your coloring is just stunning. This card has me wanting to shout 'Alleluia'. Hugs, and wishing you a Blessed Easter

Cathy said...

Gorgeous, love it.
Happy Easter to you and your family.

Silke Ledlow said...

Super gorgeous card and so perfect for Easter! Happy Easter to you and your family :) !!! Hugs ~S~