Sunday, November 25, 2012

Soaring

Today was my beloved husband's birthday.  We celebrated by going to a movie (Wreck-It Ralph) with the kids after Church, and then out for supper with some friends.  It was a great day to celebrate him.  He is such a good man, and I'm blessed he's mine!

Here was the CAS card I made for him...


I love the idea of soaring ahead for the year ahead for him.  We'll be adventuring with our sabbatical in the new year and he and I look forward to it very much.  This cute plane is from PTI.  I colored it up with Copics, and gave the card quite a bit of dimension, the plane is popped up, the open clouds are recessed back and the banner has extra pop in the center.  On a CAS card I really think that little details like this make the design interesting.  


Cut hey?  I love the little felt clouds.  

And since I barely had any time for photos this week for Project 365  (it was incredibly busy), I'll leave you with a few shots of the family today celebrating Daddy.  We really are blessed.  




And of course you have to have a funny shot in my family.  

Love. This. Man.  :)  Happy Birthday again honey!  

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!! LOVE the family pictures :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

congratulations with your husband birthday Christine.
you have made a great card for him.

greetings karin

Karen McAlpine said...

Happy birthday wishes to your DH!

Conniecrafter said...

That card is too cute, I love the sentiment banner and the way you did the clouds, sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday!

TLady said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" to your husband!!!! WHAT a WONDERFUL CARD Christine!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!LOVE all the cut out clouds AND the felt one too!!!!!!! SUPER airplane image!!!! :) You have a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Joan V said...

I just love the card you made for your hubby. What a beautiful family. You are so blessed.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great guy card, looks like he loved it. Glad you enjoyed the day with family and is birthday. we saw that movie recently too. Loved it with the exception of a lot of name calling. Doesn't help parents out any in that department. Over all very cute and makes me feel old. ha!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow! This is AWESOME! Love the cut out clouds, and beautifully colored plane! Love the family pics too! Happy birthday to your hubby!