Thursday, September 27, 2012

Falling Leaves



Today's Free For All Friday is showcasing a gorgeous Flourishes set called Falling Leaves.  Perfect for the season where leaves are falling all around me!

Before you think I'm too brilliant on this one, I was inspired by Maile Belles' card with the colour gradient and leaves from way back in 2009.  I wanted to give it my own twist and use our gorgeous Flourishes stamps.  I began by stamping on Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock with Memento Toffee Crunch to give the leaves the "no-line" look for colouring.  I LOVE the effect with this set.  So much realism to the leaves without the black lines.  Coloring is done with Copics to get really vivid color.   As you can see I tore various shades of burgundy, red and rust papers to create the gradient on the top border, and then did some embossing on the main panel, houndstooth seems perfect for fall.  







I finished the design with some pretty iridescent ribbon, Ivory Jute string and Basic Grey Jovial buttons.  



Need to stock up on decorative paper? Well, now is your time! All decorative paper in the Flourishes store has been marked down a whopping 25%! No codes needed, the price has already been marked down. So, hit the store and stock up! We have some beautiful papers with shades of autumn, Christmas papers, plus some oldies but goodies as well! Click HERE to see! This sale will take place for 48 hours -- FRIDAY and SATURDAY ONLY! So, head on over before some of your favorite papers are gone! ;-) And... while you're hopping, be sure to check in to see all the creativity our design team whipped up!  

15 comments:

Francie (Montreal) said...

I'm head over heels in love with your card. Beautifully done!

Joan V said...

Oh Christine, this is gorgeous. I love your coloring on the leaves and I love that you stamped in something other than black. I will try this on a few new projects. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tricia said...

Gorgeous coloring! I can almost hear the leaves crunch under my feet! : )

belldoubleyou said...

Your coloring on these leaves is truly beautiful.

Sewflake said...

A brilliantly executed technique! So that makes you brilliant in my book!!

Sewflake said...

A brilliantly executed technique! That makes you brilliant too!!

TLady said...

This is GORGEOUS Christine!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOVE EVERYTHING you did with this!!!!!!!! :) WOW!!!!!!!!! :)

Marisa said...

I love the colours of fall as they display their fabulous beauty on our maple trees. Totally gorgeous colouring and a great card!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness...this is STUNNING! Love everything about this card and had to pin it!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous.These beautiful leaves look so real....most due to your amazing colouring skills. I love the layers of torn cs at the top and the buttons.

Conniecrafter said...

Such Gorgeous coloring of the leaves and I so love the torn border, very cool touch!

Stacy Morgan said...

Just beautiful Christine, your leaves look fabulous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card Christine.

greetings karin

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous vibrant colors, Christine!

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Christine! Love the shading on your leaves. :)

Hugs~