Thursday, May 31, 2012

Strawberries


Welcome to Friday!  I have a DOUBLE post for you today :)  Flourishes Friday and a sample for Becky Fleck's new CardMaps Sketches!  Be sure to scroll all the way through!


Nothing more delicious than your own strawberries!  It's a spring/summer treat we love.  Our everbearing strawberry patch took a beating this winter, so we bought 6 more plants, and that will hopefully keep us supplied. 

This lovely Flourishes Strawberries set showcases some gorgeous strawberries, greenery and sweet sentiments.  Today I colored it up with Copic Markers and gave it that country feel with these pretty MME Rosy papers and lots of gingham, even in the ribbon.  Of course I forgot that I wanted to use this set with our other set Basketweave that pairs so well...oops!  I know the other girls remembered so you'll get lots of peeks at it.  

Spellbinder's Picot Edge Circles frame the image out, and some simple sewing to also frame it out.  


Someone asked me recently if I was going to give up Copics because I've some some watercoloring again....NOPE :)  I'm an equal opportunity colorist!  I love it all!  I love picking up different mediums for different effects, so copics, prismacolors, watercoloring...you'll hopefully see it all here.  
(Copics R81, R35, R39, G82, G94, G85, YG0000)

and now...some of us from the Flourishes Family had the privelage to design cards with this month's CardMaps sketches from Becky Fleck....here's mine...be sure to check out Becky's sketches this month by clicking on the CardMaps link on her site!


I used one of Becky's own sets she designed for Flourishes called Country Charm Labels, which works perfectly with the Spellbinders' grommet labels.  I've embossed the labels on graduated colors of cardstock and used the other elements from the set to stamp the background, pulling all the colors together.  A few Icing Sugar Candi act as the "grommets" and some lovely satin ribbon.  

Now please head on over to the rest of the DT to see their fabulous Basketweave and Strawberry creations.  Delicious!

11 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Love those strawberries. I used them today for the Queen for a day challenge on SCS. Love your pretty layout.

Amanda said...

Christine, I love, love your cards! You have such a way with colors and coloring, that I wish I had! I love how you used those Country Labels, I really need to get them! :)

~ Amanda :)

Julie Koerber said...

Both are so very striking Ms. Christine -- love them!

Marisa said...

Love the gingham ruffle on the first card and fun colour combo on the second.

stampqueen said...

Adorable - love the black and red!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love your beautiful strawberries

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wonderful designs, Christine! Your coloring on the strawberries is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the coloring of the strawberries, neat choice of papers for layering too! Here in Southern Illinois my strawberries are all done, and they were very good this year, and I think I have had my fill for awhile!

Michele Boyer said...

These are gorgeous, Christine! I love that ruffly gingham on your first card! So cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Your strawberry card is so fun and pretty! Love the combo of papers and ribbons. Very rich and colorful. Your second card has such wonderful design details. Beautifully stamped and interesting sketch. Got to check out Becky's latest offerings.

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful cards Christine! The black really makes the strawberry card pop! Very pretty sketch and great used of the Country Charm Labels! the