Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mahalo

It was a good day yesterday on a date with my beloved.  For those of you raising kids you probably agree that time together doesn't always happen, but when it does it's pretty great.  One of the errands we had to do was renew my passport downtown, so after that was done we went to a new little restaurant he'd heard about downtown too.  We don't often head down there, it's a ways away from our place and generally busy with people, but it was the perfect warm day to wander around and explore.  And get this, the restaurant was an awesome little taqueria with some excellent and authentic Mexican food....we had awesome Jarritos (its a Mexican pop), Salsa Verde (my favourite salsa), and the best tacos El Pastor that I've ever had outside of Mexico.  What a surprise, especially after my husband just got back from Mexico :)  We'll definitely head back there again.

So I have that sort of warm climate feel going on today in the card too.


Just a fun little Thank You card with my new Taylored Expressions stamps.  I picked these up this summer while we were at CHA at the Supershow.  I think these Moka stamps are SO cute!  Her name is Lani, and I've colored her up with Copics and trimmed her out with a little white border around her.   I've added some jute thread wrapped around the right side border, with a little orange seam binding in a bow.  Then I put some pretty leaves behind her for that tropical note.  

I've use the TE Sketch for the week...


Here's a little closer detail too...


I colored it up on vacation so I can't even tell you for sure what colors I used - the greens I know are YG's 91, 93, 95, and 99 probably, and I tried to make her skin just a bit more tanned than my normal skin coloring, so there's probably some E31 and E33 in there and I think the oranges are YR 12, 14 and 18.  And I think the hair is E35, E37 with a little YR18 thrown in there for highlights.   





7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow christine what a beautiful ladie and card.

greetings karin

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love the green leaves on the green background. It's gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time out, it's always fun to try new places and if they are good that's quite the bonus :)
Your girl is too cute and like the splash of orange on the card too!

Lesli said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing!

Linda Carson said...

cute, cute, cute!!! My mouth is watering thinking of real Mexican food...lucky..!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS my friend!!! Of course it's no surprise to see you work your magic with TE stamps...LOVE the leaves in the background!!!!! Sounds like you and your hubby had a great date!!

Carole said...

Hi Christine, had to stop by and say hi from B.C. neighbour. I enjoyed my visit here and thought the background leaves were wonderful.