Thursday, June 23, 2011

Farmer's Market Raspberries



How about another look at the beautiful Kit of the Month at Flourishes - Yacht Club?  I believe there are only a couple of kits left in the store, so I thought I'd try and entice you once again :)


I LOVE raspberries, they are amoung my very favourite orchard type fruit...we have a little patch in our backyard, and when I can keep my kids from stealing them all from me :)... I have them just out my back door!  So this page from the Yacht Club kit looked just like a farmer's market and I love the raspberries spilling out of the basket in the bottom corner.  And it's also such a beautiful Flourishes set, Berry Sweet.  


This is a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card and I used the very pretty brad and ribbon from the kit too.  Do you like my cute little postage stamp punch?  I stamped the single berry in vanilla ink it.  Coloring is done with Copic Markers and I've added the blue glow around the raspberries too -  to more closely match the feel of the paper.  Isn't that Rectangle Fleur De Lis die  gorgeous?  It adds such elegance!  I did a little out of the box cutting to make it work better as well.  It would be a shame to cut off those pretty blossoms on the left!

A little wonky sewing in there to border up the edges of the paper and it's complete!  

Now for more Friday inspiration you can see the rest of the very talented and wonderful DT 

20 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful raspberries christine.
your card is fabulous.

greetings karin

Karen W said...

Beautifully done, great coloring on this and the papers and frame are perfect for it.

Anonymous said...

Delicious looking!
Beth Greco

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Christine. It makes me homesick. We had a big berry patch in our woods. I would spend hours there this time of year with my dad. Your coloring is fabulous.

michemilie said...

I love this card!! so fun, bright, crisp and summery! Absolutely beautiful!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Mmmm; they do look yummy! Wonderful card, love the layers and colors.

Emily Keaton said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Christine! Your raspberries look good enough to eat--and I really wish I could!! Have a great weekend. :)

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine! That red just POPS and your coloring is divine..... as ususal!

The Rubber Maid said...

Your card brings me happiness..what a cheerful card. Pat

dpkennedy said...

Love those raspberries! That paper is just perfect with that image and your coloring is lovely! Beautiful creation Christine!

Leslie Miller said...

This is just so darling, Christine! Such fresh country appeal. This is one fabulous kit. Wonderful coloring and design!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love the fruits spilling 'out of the box' - yum!
Have a lovely weekend, Rx

Jan Marie said...

Wonderful card. You coloring is stunning! The details make if over the top. That Yatch Club kit is so versatible! Thanks.

Jan Marie
Flourishes

Rose Ann said...

Your raspberries look delicious, Christine...and I love the papers and wonky stitching!! Love this!!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty and I like how the berries go off the edge there

Peachy Wessels said...

An adorable card - love the stamp set and this paper - Just perfect for summertime! Whose postage stamp die is this - would love to buy it?

Sherry Kushibab said...

Your card looks just delish!! Such awesome coloring and that paper is fabulous.....you are very gifted!!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Shari said...

This is so beautiful! Love the Spellbinders die you used. I need to get this set out again and color it up!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I LOVE how you colored those berries! Fabulous!