Monday, March 14, 2011

What to do for a Two Year Old...

So I had this dilemma a few weeks ago, wondering what to get for our 2 year old niece's Birthday Party.  She has anything a little girl could want.  I went to our 14 year old daughter and asked for her advice, she said when she was that age she loved to play dress up.  Hmm, my brain started thinking ...our niece also loves to play tea party and kitchen.  So why not a little chef outfit?  I went searching on the internet for a pattern and found one and sewed all of this for her!  So easy to create...here's how it turned out.


I took these cute yellow fabrics and some ribbon and added some personal touches, cutting out the letters with Sizzix dies using fabric and interfacing -  Chef for the hat and Addy for her nickname on the apron sewing them on.  I also made a table cloth for her little table in her play room to match.  


Here's another shot of the apron and the ruffled pocket.  


Oh I love how the chef hat turned out!  

And here's a picture of the little princess in her outfit...


Isn't she a hoot?  She saying cheese!  


And here she is with just the hat in her little kitchen area :)  Isn't her birthday dress sweet?  It would make a good inspiration for a card!

Later this week I'll show you the Birthday Card I made to match it....in the Flourishes NEW RELEASES!  It's a stellar release once again and the DT has really knocked it out of the park!  Sneak Peeks begin tomorrow (Wednesday)!  

Here's the site that I got the pattern from if you're interested.  I think I'll be making some other ones for my other nieces in the US.  How cute would three sisters in aprons and chef hats be???

22 comments:

Lori Craig said...

That is sew, sew sweet. Love the costume, and your niece is adorable! Hugs!

Mary said...

Very sweet photos. What a darling she is and she looks ready to bake, bake, bake. You created a wonderful memory for her. Great project, wonderful story!

Sheree said...

What a wonderful idea!!! That's what I call thinking outsife the box!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine she is so darn adorable. What a fabulous gift and you did such a great job. I love it.

Marisa said...

What a fabulous gift!! Just LOVE the first picture of her in her outfit. My kids still enjoy playing dress up now and then and they are 10 and 12. You hit a home run by the looks of it :) Great outfit!

KarinsArtScrap said...

that is great christine, what a cute little girl.
you have made this beautiful.

greetings karin

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Your sewing is as lovely as your cards... what a too Cute creation for her... she will cherish that for years to come.

Marilynn said...

Great idea! And it turned out fantastic! Glad you shared it.

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable and awesome sewing by the way!! What a fabulous idea. It's be cute to add little plastic food.I have the greatest picture of my DD playing beside her kitchen with chocolate on her face. Great memories!

Highland Monkey's said...

That is such a sweet little outfit for a sweet little girl. Reminds me of when mine were young.

Denise Willerton said...

this is sew adorable ~ think I'll need to try this someday, just waiting for a granddaughter! TFS & enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

She is too cute. I looks just adorable in her birthday dress, and the gift her auntie made for her.

Tanya said...

She is adorable! What a really fun idea!

Sherry Kushibab said...

What a great gift and she looks so adorable in it.

Jerri Jimenez said...

OH my goodness, you are so blessed with this little angel Christine! She's so adorable and the little chef's outfit is over-the-top adorable and creative! I'm sure she'll spend many, many hours playing chef in her little outfit . . . way too cute!!!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! This is ADORABLE Christine! What a FAB idea and gorgeous execution! She could not be more adorable!

Traci M said...

This is such an adorable chef's hat and apron...I would have loved this as a little girl, too!! I went on Etsy for Christmas and ordered our girls matching aprons (they are grown up)...and they loved them!
Such a cute pattern and I love the additional personalized lettering. She is a cutie for sure!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

ca-ute!

Dawn B. said...

I didn't know you sewed too. Is there any craft you are not great at. This is ADORABLE Christine.

Linda said...

I am glad you enjoyed the pattern I designed for my all free patterns blog. You made a lovely job of it and your niece is sooo cute. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. Linda

Conniecrafter said...

is that ever the cutest little outfit and she looks just darling in it, you did a wonderful job!

Unknown said...

That turned out soooo cute!
Susan