Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Beginnings Calendar February

Hello Friends!  I was missing my Flourishes stamps...so I'll have 2 days of posting with my beloved Flourishes.

One of the gifts I made this year was a Calendar for my Sister-in-Law and matching cards for each month.  I had posted January's Set in this post, and a number of you asked to see the rest of the months, so as we go along in the year I'll be posting what each month looked like.  She loved the gift by the way, and I was really happy with how it came together.  So here's February...


February's flower in the Year in Flowers sets from Flourishes is a Primrose, and when I looked up some of the colors of Primrose, this beautiful deep electric blue was one of them.  Did you know that Primrose is a great Valentine Day gift idea...it's meaning is First Love, or I Can't Live Without You.  The site I went to called it the "ultimate in romantic gifts, a primrose shows your enduring love".  :)  Thought you'd enjoy that bit of trivia for today!

So above is the pair together and now I'll show you them separately. 


I kept all the details quite simple on this as you can see.  


And I mimicked the design of the calendar page on the card, using a pretty fancy brad as accent on the sentiment, but I can't remember where it's from!  


I really like the vibrancy of the leaves and the paper with it, it's Memory Box Enchanted.  

I'll be back tomorrow with the Pre-Release Challenge card from Flourishes!  Wait till you see the new sets for February!  YUM!  Sneak peeks start Wednesday the 12th.  

Recipe:  Stamps - Flourishes A Year in Flowers I;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper:  Ballet Blue, Green Galore, Flourishes Classic White, Memory Box Enchanted DSP;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Five Nestabilities, Modern Label Punch, Ballet Blue Grossgrain, Scor Pal Mini, Fancy Brad, Dimensionals, Copic Markers.  

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and colouring! Love the nestie to frame the primrose too. Fabulous project and card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful calendar and card christine.
i love the colors you have used.
and that flower is pretty.
great project.

greetings karin

Anonymous said...

Oh Christine they're beautiful! I'm still working on completing a calendar for my stamping buddies from last year... sigh...
Beth Greco

Crystal said...

Oh my Christine what a GORGEOUS set, LOVE your calendar design...Totally BEAUTIFUL and these colors are amazing girl!!!! Stunning work my friend...A happy happy New Year to you sweetie!

Jerri Jimenez said...

What a beautiful calendar page Christine! The colors are fabulous together!

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful all around, Christine! I love those colors, and that button is FAB!! Gotta pull out my Year of Flowers set now . . .

Anonymous said...

Magnificent card and calendar. Your colours & colouring are A1. The old saying "blue & green should never be seen" is definitely out by the side of it!

Mary Mac

Anonymous said...

Magnificent card and calendar. Your colours & colouring are A1. The old saying "blue & green should never be seen" is definitely out by the side of it!

Mary Mac

Denise Marzec said...

Hey girl! I haven't been by in such a long time (I fell way behind in blog hopping during the holidays)...missed ya! Gorgeous work as always with fabo coloring and great color combo!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, that is an interesting fact about the flower, I really like your shading on the leaves!

Rose Ann said...

Such a beautiful calendar and card, Christine!! Your coloring is perfect, and I love those colors together!! Soooo lovely!!

Cowgirlscrapper said...

Hi

this is gorgeous.Love the colors. Great job!!