Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Autumn Thank You

Hey there gang.  I have a simple fall card today.  One of our former professors and now he's a friend  - spoke to our Volunteer leaders at a training time this weekend and I wanted to say thank you to him for doing that for us...so I needed a simple yet more masculine thank you.   Today's Color Challenge colors at Splitcoaststampers of Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and So Saffron seemed a good fit for an autumn card.


Simple straight up stamping (can you believe it?  I don't often have a card without coloring, I almost don't know what to do with it!).  I used 2 Verve sets, the leaves and sentiment from Dream Big, and the smaller more delicate leaf image from Great Friend.  I used Spellbinders Labels 17 and 16, and some cool nailheads as accent twisting them around the rounded corners.

And I used this Verve Release sketch....


Inside my husband says we'll put a Tim Horton's Gift Card :)  in Canada that is synonymous for good coffee :)  Thanks again for dropping by today everyone.  I love it (and really appreciate it) when you do!


Recipe:  Stamps:  Verve - Dream Big, Great Friend;  Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango;  Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry Patterns DSP, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels 16 and 17 Nestabilities, Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Irridescent ribbon, Light Gold Nailheads, Piercer, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder.  

19 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

What a BEAUTY!! Love the colors - so warm and cozy! Beautiful job with the sketch!

Marisa said...

Yummy colours and I love the mix of leaves. I'm sure he will appreciate it along with the GC to Timmy's :)

Joanne Travis said...

So warm, rich, and gorgeous!! Love the graceful lines of your embellishments.

Broni said...

Wow! What a beautiful pop of color! So rich and elegant. Um, but yes just fine for a masculine card! I love it!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Wit Whewwwwwwwww! Man, I'm lovin' the colors in this....SO RICH!!

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful, Christine!! Perfect as a thank you card. In New England, it's "Dunkin' Donuts" that is synonymous with "good coffee" LOL!!

petra,s cards said...

wauw its just wonderful!!!!
xx petra

GLENDA BROOKS said...

What a beautiful card! The colors you chose are wonderful together! So warm and just gorgeous to look at!

Mickie said...

Breathtaking, love your colors.

Peachy Wessels said...

What a pretty thank you card! The colors are great and it is perfect as a Fall card.

Lori Pilla said...

Christine , Your work is spectacular and this card in particle is wonderful. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Jerri Jimenez said...

Gorgeous colors Christine, a beautiful card! Elegant, gorgeous, classy . . . I love it!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Christine. I love the rich warm colors.. I am sure he will love this too. Great job.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

These beautiful colors really pack a punch! What a gorgeous fall card, Christine!

Traci M said...

I love seeing just "plain stamping," although this is anything but plain!! So gorgeous, you have inspired me once again!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Christine Yummy colors and I love the mix of leaves.meghan

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhhh, love those fall colors (and the nailheads)! Just gorgeous!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful fall card. Great job with the layout and I like like like that ribbon.

Studio M by Marian said...

You're so talented, beauty of a card. xo, Marian