Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Release - Apple of My Eye





Well, you've waited long enough to see this month's New Releases from Flourishes!  And I'm so excited to show them to you!  Today's beautiful set illustrated so creatively by Marcella is going to be a new go-to favourite set for me.  I almost couldn't stop myself from stamping more with it!  I'll show you two projects today with lots of pictures but you'll also find so much more gorgeousness with the Design Team....


Just LOOK at that gorgeous spray of flowers, apples and leaves!!!  I've colored the image for this  5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card with Prismacolor pencils, blending with Odorless Mineral Spirits.  I wanted to get a lot of variation in the colors on the apples, just like what real apples often look like as they are ripening.

I trimmed out the flowers and leaves and fruit and then added it to this Big Scalloped Oval Shape that I had also run through an embossing folder.  Do you see the need dotted texture around the card?  It's with my new Scor Bug Tool, Julie did a fantastic feature on the Flourishes Blog with it last week too.


I've embellished it with these gorgeous pearls (this link is to them in brown), and then I added this perfect  ruffled gingham red ribbon.  

 


Now for something completely different.... How about some Caramel Apples for Fall?


Marcella did some great apple themed images for this set that I just LOVE!  The caramel apple is colored with Copic markers...and then look how I added the caramel.


A little touch of Crystal Effects on the caramel and it looks just like the yummy real thing!  I added two gorgeous ribbons the green gingham to match the apple ribbon, and the gorgeous Ivory linen ruffle to accent.  The papers are a combination of some old Basic Grey and SEI On the Coast.  I added the pretty scalloping on top with the Fair Isle Borderabilities.

So...now I KNOW you want to go and see more beautiful inspiration with this set at the rest of the Design Teams' Blogs..... (some of these wonderful ladies have Birthday Blog Candy as well...)

And you can enter to win this set today at the Flourishes Blog.

Recipe:  Sweet Friend:  Stamps - Apple of my Eye;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Flourishes Classic White, Whisper White, Poppy Parade;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Big Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Line Pearls in pink, Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, Blending Stump, Dimensionals, Ruffled Ribbon, Taffeta Ribbon, Oval Punch, Sponge, Scor Bug, Scor Pal.  

Caramel Apples:  Stamps:  Apple of my Eye;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Dusty Durango, Tea Stain Distress Ink;  Paper:  Really Rust, Flourishes Classic Ivory, Basic Grey, SEI On the Coast;  Accessories:  Large Circle Punch, Big Shot, Fair Isle Borderabilities, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Ruffled Ribbon, Gingham Ribbon. Buttons, Bow Easy. 

42 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw ook al zon geweldig mooie kaart ik weet welke stempels op mijn verlanglijstje staan!!!!
xx petra

Glenda said...

These are so pretty! I love everything about them! Great job in coloring!

Anonymous said...

Two wonderful cards. Love the little carmel apple.

Anonymous said...

Those apples look so real. You did a great job. Thanks for the inspiration.


Martha Hepburn

Peachy Wessels said...

Beautiful Apple cards. I just love them! They look so realistic and yummy.

Ujjwal said...

Both the cards look absolutely gorgeous!!

Denise Marzec said...

Such fun details, Christine! Love all the pearls on that first one with the ruffled ribbon, and that plaid ribbon on the second is one of my favs!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I'm just loving those apples. So clever with the caramel one!! They're so realistic looking! Two great cards.
Beth Greco

Kerrie said...

Wow.... both cards are just stunning...

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, love your cards!

Susan said...

LOVE this!! Definitely some shopping in my future!!

Holly said...

Ohhhhhhh I just swooned over your apple card with the sweet ruffled gingham ribbon and pearls, and then I squealed when I saw your caramel apple card! What a CUTE addition to this awesome apple set!!

Trina Kuriger said...

Both your cards are amazing! I love your coloring on the pink apple card and the crystal effects on the caramel is a perfect idea! Thanks for the inspiration!
-mnfroggie

Kris Turner said...

Love these cards, Christine! The shading is perfect, and the candy apple fits the Fall theme so well. Kris, Wadsworth,OH

Rosemary said...

wow! what gorgeous cards! the first one is just AMAZING!

Yogi said...

very pretty cards. Love the apple one with the pearls and ruffles.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gasp.... Christine tehse are fantastic. Oh I like your caramel apple with the shine to it. Your textured border and your coloring ROCK on your apples card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Christine! You have such a way with detail...as if your amazing colouring skills weren't enought!

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful creations Miss Christine! I love the folksy feel on the second card with the candied apple and the elegant feel with the ruffles and pearls on the first -- lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at those gorgeous apples! I feel like I could take a bite right out of that yummy caramel apple! This is such a fun set, I can't wait to color more. Beautiful cards, Christine!

Traci M said...

Both of your cards are so yummy, Christine!! The apple on the first one has beautiful color hues, love it with the pink additions, and the second does look good enough to bite into!! Thanks so much!

Charlette said...

Both of your cards and just wonderful. But there is something so sweet about that little candy apple! TFS

Shari said...

These are so beautiful! I love the little caramel apple! I am so going to get this set! Is it Friday yet so I can order??? LOL.

KarinsArtScrap said...

these cards are great christine
what great colors you have use
and that ribbon on the edge is perfect at that card
and the pearls are great too
soo these are beautiful

greetings karin

lisa said...

Love this one

Pati said...

Beautiful coloring with the pencils, they apples look so real!! That ruffled ribbon is cute and love the glaze on the carmel apple!

Barbara said...

I love both of your cards, Christine! The first one is so REAL looking and that caramel apple looks good enough to eat!

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous apple cards, Christine!! I love how you used these new stamps :)

Tanya said...

These are gorgeous! LOVE your coloring!

Amanda said...

Oh my Goodness, I Love your cards!! Especially that second one!! Love it!! And what a great idea to use Crystal Effects! It really makes the card a stand out one :) Great job :)

Dawn B. said...

These are really beautiful Christine.. I love the ribbon with that second card.. It really makes the image look great and ties your card all together. Great job.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa H. said...

two totally sweet cards. your first one is beautiful, BUT that second one just speaks to me. I think it's the ribbon. great work.

A Consuming Passion said...

Such beautiful creations!!! I love the apple blossom on this set it reminds me of home!

Lynne Phelps said...

This is beautiful, nice to see a version that is not bright red! I also love the caramel apple, it looks so real!

dpkennedy said...

Stunning Christine! I love the color of your apples and all the cutting really make the image pop! Love your caramel apple! The CE is perfect and it looks so yummy!

Linda Carson said...

Stunning artwork Christine! Beautiful layouts and detailed touches! Your carmel apple makes my mouth water!

Diane said...

Looks like another winning set!!! I am working on some "apple" tags right now and wish I had this set "now".....darn!!!

Unknown said...

Both cards are so gorgeous but I have to say I LOVE the way your colored the apples and blossoms for the card!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Great projects!! love the colors and composition.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

What a lovely card this is. The color combo is so great, it just pops! Now I want a carameled apple...thanks! :)

Monique said...

Love both cards... Oh my your Carmel Apple looks so yummy,,, You have inspired me to go to the grocery store for the supplies and make some lol!!!