Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Release - Fine Herbs


We have another gorgeous set to show you today by Flourishes, this is illustrated by Marcy again and really captures the softness of some special herbs, as well as great sentiments and meanings of the herbs too. 



I chose to go soft and botanical feeling.  What I like about this set is it's drawn in *stipple* style, so each herb has a very soft and unique effect.  What I chose to do here with this card today is do it in watercolor style.  All you need to do is ink up your stamp, mist it lightly with water and stamp down, and if you like stamp down again.  It gives you a washy watercolor look that's really soft, less defined and more dreamy. 

  

I also sponged the bottom of the focal image to ground it a little.  

Now the neat part, a few months ago my SU Demo Susan taught us a lattice technique that I thought was great.  I used it on the top of this card, with a little twist, I added designer paper underneath so that when you fold your paper after cutting it shows the DP underneath. I've also puckered the ribbon with sticky strip to define the lattice more.  I see in looking at it right now that I didn't get it quite right in tucking them all in the right places...funny that I notice that now when it's too late to change!  ARRG! I'm going to play with it a little more and show you again on a future card.  


I love the pop of orange too in the flip side to the dp.  Somehow its just right.   Can you tell that I like this new Pear Pizzazz paper from SU too?  It's not Kiwi Kiss, but it's a really nice green.

Alright these new sets are available for purchase so you can head to the Flourishes Store and get the new release bundle at a 10% discount!  And remember ....lots on sale in the store too!  

Be sure to visit these wonderful Flourishes DT girls for their gorgeous takes with this set.  

Recipe:  Stamps:  Flourishes Fine Herbs;  Ink:  Pear Pizzazz;  Paper:  SU Pear Pizzazz, Flourishes Classic White, Whisper White, SU Greenhouse Gala DSP, Mistletoe Ribbon Originals, SU White Crochet Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Big Shot, Victorian Embossing Folder, Pinked Hearts Border Punch, Pearls, Dimensionals, Sponge, Labels 12 Nestabilities, Ranger Mini Misters.

17 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card, beautiful colors.

Marisa said...

Can't do a lot of the herbs as I'm allergic, but loving all the green and lattice work. Lovely card.

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhhhhhh, wow. Those leaves are gorgeous! So delicate! LOVE this, Christine!

Trina Kuriger said...

I love the lattice! I learned that on splitcoast years ago but had forgotten about it. Thanks for making this beautiful card and reminding me!

dpkennedy said...

Your lattice is just wonderful! What a great idea! Just beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. I like the ribbon treatment and your layout, this would make for a wonderful fall card as well.

Traci M said...

So pretty, that is a dreamy effect you achieved, and I think your lattice work looks wonderful as well!! Love all the new releases this time around!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Christine!! I so love the colors and that lattice technique is wowzer. I would love to learn how to do that sometime.
Very elegant creation as always.
hugs,
Chris

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing. The lattice is so cool and I love that ribbon treatment, too. Beautiful card, Chistine!

Karen said...

Your cards is lovely. This will be a great set to have.

Bette said...

I love your lattice weaving. What a perfect dimension it gives to your card! This stamp set is a definate must have!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very lovely Pear Pizzazz card! I think that was the perfect color to choose, Christine.

Judy Rozema said...

I love that pop of color! Beautiful details and such neat texture with the lattice!

Anonymous said...

That lattice work is very neat! What a great card!
Beth Greco

Sharon Basel said...

Pretty card Christine. I love what the watercolor technique did for this card. And I love the freshness of the green in this card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful monochromatic design, and your ribbon is awesome!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...what a beauty, Christine!! I love the colors, images, ribbon work, and your fabulous lattice!!