Friday, July 2, 2010

For Grandpa

How's everyone's weekend going?  We've had such a nice relaxing time I feel very blesssed.  Tonight at my parent's house my little niece tried to say Grandpa for the first time.  It was just the sweetest thing!  My dad was quite delighted too :) 

My dad enjoys reading so for Father's Day I made him a bookmark, just simple, but classic and masculine too.   I hadn't posted it yet, so I thought I'd give you a little look!


I used the Flourishes set Antique Map and stamped it onto Flourishes Classic Ivory paper and then colored it with Copic Markers, then added lots of sponging with Distress Inks to give it more of a weathered look. 

A few punches of the wavy border along the bottom for that sea feel....

 

Hope you're having a great weekend! 

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous!!

Sharon Basel said...

Oh I love this! That Flourishes stamp is perfect for a bookmark. I'll have to try this too! You have such unique ideas Christine - inspiring!

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Christine! LOVE the aged look of this!

Rose Ann said...

Your bookmark looks amazing, and your coloring...perfection!! Love your aged look and the ribbon you've used!!

Jean said...

This is fabulous. Love it! I'd never heard of these stamps - they are beautiful!