Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sunshine and Blue Skies - Pre-Release Challenge


It's that beautiful time of the month again!  Flourishes is about to release a beautiful new round of stamps for June in just a few days that will give you the wonderful feeling of summer.  So our challenge is a Color Challenge with the theme of yellow and blue....create something with these colors and you could enter to win the entire new June Release from Flourishes! 

Now Julie DID SAY that it can be any shade of yellow or blue....so I took my own liberties to make my yellow a very bold sunflower yellow...and my blues to be a yummy turquoise blue-green 

I think this set A Year in Flowers 1 is such a  beautiful set for spring!  Those daffodils just delight me, I colored them with the Sunflower Copic Collection, with a little YR04, and Meadow on the the greens.  Then I masked the image with Eclipse Masking Tape and gave it some good sponging with Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise Ink.  The designer papers are eeek I'm not sure!  They're Basic Grey - but I think from two packs!  ...nope just found it :)  Max and Whiskers.   The sketch is from 2 weeks ago's Mojo Sketch and I used the Scalloped Ovals for the main shape.  The pretty smidgins of ribbon are some of our Boutique Cuts that you can purchase really economically by the yard,   Cotton Linen Turquoise


So please join us!  You could be the winner of this month's whole release!  Link at the Flourishes Blog, and use the code FLLCJUN10 for online galleries.

Want some more yellow and blue inspiration?  How about visiting these fabulouso ladies:  Cindy LawrenceDawn Burnworth, Julie Koerber, Laura Fredrickson, Leslie Miller, and  Stacy Morgan

Recipe:  Stamps - Flourishes A Year in Flowers 1, Tag Lines;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay;  Paper:  Bermuda Bay Textured, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Basic Grey Max and Whiskers DSP, Flourishes Classic White Cardstock;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Scalloped Ovals Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Buttons, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Piercer, Circle Punch, Cotton Linen Ribbon. 

18 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous Christine.. I love the colors you chose. I was stumped on this challenge.. Your coloring is amazing...Great job.

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is absolutely, positively the most gorgeous design Christine, love these colors together, so, so beautiful!

Yogi said...

very nice. Nice and summery and it definitely spells happy

Crystal said...

Oh my Christine you used these colors perfectly...BEAUTIFUL creation!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, how bright and beautiful, Christine!!!! I LOVE your awesome design with the gorgeous colors and such amazing flowers...absolutely stunning!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my word! This is spectacular Christine! LOVE the colors and your amazing coloring!!!

Rose Ann said...

I love the colors you've used, and your flowers look gorgeous!! I love the shading you've done behind the flowers as well!

Julie Koerber said...

So incredibly beautiful Christine. Those colors are so vibrant-- it just takes your breath away!!

Shari said...

Love the colors! You always do so many pretty layers on your cards. I really love your style! This is a great card.

NancyK said...

WOW - this is stunning! Love the shades of blue and yellow you used here!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful shades of blue and yellow, as well as such a well designed layout. Cute as a button buttons, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Christine, your coloring ROCKS and oh I do like this sketch. Beautiful card.

Linda Carson said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Fabulous inspiration!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Christine

this card is beautiful too
I like the colors you used
and of course beautiful coloring

greetings karin

Denise Marzec said...

Oh...my...word.....this card is GORGEOUS! So many wonderful details, such beautiful coloring, and I LOOOVE that shade of blue/turquoise. Awesome card...wit whewwwww!

Beate said...

Christine, this is sooo beautiful! Your coloring is amazing like always.
Big cyber hugs

Anonymous said...

What an awesome card, Christine.
The colors are so gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

Katie Ann Brooks said...

what a great color combo! You really did a fabo job with this card, I love it!