Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Blossoms

A couple of weeks ago I did a card for the Verve Mojo Sketch, and WOWZERS I won a Verve set!  Woo Hoo!  I'm so excited Julee has such a way with really great images and design. 

So I just had to get it inky tonight with a quick card.  I used the Verve Release sketch from May for this one and some great Basic Grey Green at Heart papers.

To me these flowers needed some orange for the first time I colored them.  I used a bunch of copics....(YR12, YR14, YR18, YR09, R13, RV09, RV17, RV19, RV69 and then for the greens I started with G40 and G24, G82, but then it didn't have enough lime color in it so I used YG00 overtop) 



I SHOULD have used my finer Ornare piercer for the piercing on top, I would have had a better result, which I'm kicking myself about now, but I do like the bold deep colors against the fresh white.

I'll be back in a few hours with Flourishes Friday, and it's a pretty one! 

Recipe:  Stamps:  Verve - One Person;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Pear Tart;  Papers:  Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock, Basic Grey Green at Heart;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Large Rectangle Labels, Scalloped Rectangle Labels, Ribbon, Martha Stewart Rings Punch, Piercer, Borderabilities, Dimensionals. 

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Way to flash some Verve :D Love the flowers. Lovely card.

Danni said...

Oh is this gorgeous!! Wow!! Fabulous job!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Christine, this is so beautiful!!! Such fun papers and those flowers amazing!! Every little detail is perfect on this card..you are an artist!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Leslie Miller said...

Congratulations on your win, Christine! My goodness, what gorgeous flowers. Love your border treatment along the top, too.

Rose Ann said...

Your flowers really pop, and I love the colors!! Your punched border is really pretty as well!!

Congratulations on your Verve win!! Well-deserved!!