Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Pink Ribbon

A very wonderful lady that is really important to my kids has just learned that she has breast cancer, and will begin next week with surgery and treatment.  Your heart just sinks when you hear that.  And yet, we know personally that cancer can be beaten - so I wanted to make her a card to encourage her and tell her that we're supporting her and to fight hard!

I also wanted to jump in and play in the 2Sketches4You sketch this week for some good direction as I created this card. 

I wanted it to be super-pink!  So I took out this wonderful set from Flourishes Think Pink - Fight Like a Girl.  I stamped the HOPE sentiment inside the t-shirt and colored with copics (Fushia Collection).  I added the breast cancer ribbon behind the t-shirt, and then stamped several of the sentiments in the set like Fight Like a Girl, I will Survive.  I think this is such an encouraging stamp set, and I really hope it encourages her. 

Thanks for many of your kind words hoping I had a restful day Friday.  I did!  I did some creating and then took a 2 hour nap which was awesome, it's amazing what some sleep can do.    Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Flourishes - Think Pink-Fight Like a Girl;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Purely Pomegranate, White Craft;  Paper:  Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Whisper White, Flourishes Classic White, Rose Red Designer paper; Accessories:  Big Shot, Long Rectangle Deckled Nestabilities, Felt Flower, Silver Brad, Pomegranate Satin Ribbon. 

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the "fight as a girl" sentiment! Wonderful card, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card. I just love it and the encouragement it gives. You always do such a wonderful job, but this one is a real inspiration.

Barbara

milli said...

What a beautiful card with a great sentiment! Your friend is going to love it!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Christine.. I can't even imagine how this diagnosis must be but with the wonderful world of medicine they can do so much.. She will love this card during this difficult time.. Great card.

cnelson said...

Beautiful card! I'm wishing your friend all the best!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wunderful card
like how you did'it

karin

Unknown said...

a beautiful card for a beautiful cause!
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Crystal said...

This is GORGEOUS Christine!

PatM said...

I too just heard from a dear friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I have been contemplating about how to create an encouraging card. VOILA...you answered my call! I love your card and I really like the different shade of pink you used. Thank you for our inspiration!

Joanne Travis said...

What a wonderful card of hope and encouragement. So beautifully done, Christine.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!! This is fantastic Christine!!! Love the shirt on top of the pink ribbon, the colours are fantastic and the sentiment is wonderful!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh WOW, I LOVE how you did the ribbon behind the tee!

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE the velvet awareness ribbon behind the T-shirt! This card just radiates determination and support!