Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh...Let's Go Here!

A little taste of summer for you today on Flourishes Friday.  Danielle has a Friday Focus on all things summery over at the Flourishes Blog, and since I'm feeling a longing for summer and all things WARM I thought I'd create a dreamy summer scene today.

Doesn't this look like a place you'd like to spend a lazy summer day?   The set is called Beach Life from Flourishes and I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on Flourishes Classic White cardstock, especially designed for copic markers.


I used several different types of marker strokes to create different parts of the coloring with my Copics on this one.  Some side to side streaky color on the sky, and some pointillism on the sand and grass.  I love the really rich and deep colors.  I matched the print from the SEI paper (Jocelyn) to the Morrocan Screen CB folder and then added some beautiful Basic Grey square shaped gems from Flourishes, aren't they just delish?  And they go perfectly too and capture that decadent vacation feel.  I can almost feel the wind and spray from the ocean!


Here's a pic of the markers I used, because there were so many, if you have trouble reading the numbers, just click on the picture and you can see them larger. 


Want to see some more beautiful Flourishes inspiration today? 

Check out these fabulous girls:  Cindy, Danielle, Dawn, Julie, Laura, and  Leslie
Recipe:  Stamps - Flourishes - Beach Life;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper;  Intense Teal (Prism), Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Flourishes - Classic White, SEI Jocelyn Designer Paper;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Eleven Nestabilities, Labels Ten Nestabilities, Oval Punch, Dotted Scalloped Border Punch, Basic Grey Square Rhinestones, Polka-Dotted Sheer Ribbon, Copic Markers, Moroccan Screen CB Folder, Dimensionals

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Christine

If you really look into, you get a summer feeling.
I would so like to lie in the hammock, with that great vieuw.


greetings karin

AMIT said...

Hey Hi this is really nice card made.Looks colorful and attracting.

Adsense Alternative

Anonymous said...

Loving this hot, sultry card!! Such delightful colours and colouring. We're leaving Sunday for a 2 week trip to the East Coast (New Brunswick and PEI) so here's hoping our weather is as gorgeous as your card!
Beth Greco

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Christine.. Take me away.. This set always makes me wish for a relaxing week at the beach.. Great coloring.

Crystal said...

Absolutely Christine I soooo wanna go there...Your scene looks amazing and your coloring is AWESOME!!! Enjoy your holiday weekend sweetie!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is fabulous! It really is so cool how you colored this and looks picture perfect! Beautiful and relaxing!

mylambboys said...

Great summer card! Love the colors and scenery!!!

Leslie Miller said...

It IS a wonderful scene and I'd LOVE to be there! Beautifully colored, and the blues and greens add to the tropical feel. I think I'll carry this image in my mind today and dream of sunshine. Thanks, Christine!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous summer card, Christine!! You created such a beautiful beach scene...amazing!

Shari said...

Oh my gosh.....this is to die for! It's so gorgeous! I love all the Copics techniques you used. I have this set and I am going to give it a try. TFS!

Marisa said...

FABULOUSLY coloured, Christine!! I want to go there right now!! The hammock, sun, surf and sand are calling my name LOL! Great card.

Joan Ervin said...

ooooh, what a beautiful beach scene, Christine...such gorgeous, vibrant colors and I love how you stacked the diffrent shaped nesties...I'll meet ya on the beach by the palm!!!!