Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cherished Cherry Blossoms

Well, today is a day where you will see why I am delighted to be a stamper.  This new set called Cherry Blossoms, from Flourishes totally makes my heart go pitter-patter.  Illustrated by the Marvelous Marcella Hawley, I think it may take over as my brand new all time favourite Flourishes set EVER! 

I think what I love so much about it is that Marcy so captured the details of the soft and fragile nature of a cherry blossom.    I have two cards to show you today.  One vintage, and one soft. 

I just love the new Webster's Pages at the Flourishes store (Life's Portrait and Lullaby Lane).  They have wonderful patterns and colors, so I pulled out several different pieces from the pack and used that as my starting point.  I colored two sets of this sprig of cherry blossoms and colored them with Copics (Sweet Pea Collection), my absolute favourite combination for peachy pink to coral reds.  I cut out one sprig and popped it up, and then it's just all the pretty paper, sewing and gorgeous ribbons giving it this vintage look.  Ivory Linen Ruffle, Crochet Trim and loop trim. 

Here you can see a better picture of the coloring, how I tucked the loop trim behind and the dimension of popping one bloom up. 



My second card I'm going to use as a wedding card for one of our beloved girls getting married, (and we'll be performing the wedding for) in a few weeks.  This is one of the Scripture passages they've chosen too, so it's perfect.  I colored this one with numerous prismacolor pencils to get just the right shades I was looking for.  Probably more authentic to what a cherry blossom looks like too.  My cherries should be blooming in a week or two. 


I wanted to capture a real feeling of softness so I sponged the edges of the Lables Eight Nestability, and then added vellum (stamped with one of the solid cherry blossom stamps) overtop, and for the sentiment.  I SO love how it turned out.  Papers are Memory Box Gossomer.    Here's a good look at the detail of the coloring. 

And below you can see the stamping on the vellum.  It's so subtle, but it's just right for the card. 


Aren't you completely SOLD on this set?  Well, if you need more convincing you'll need to drop by my Design-Team sisters for even more loveliness!  Remember you can now pre-order these new release sets in the store too!


To win this set today see the Flourishes Blog....and join us THURSDAY night for the release party in the Splitcoaststampers Forum, 8 PM Mountain Time. 


Vintage Cherry Blossoms:  Stamps:  Flourishes Cherry Blossoms;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;    Paper:  Confetti Cream Cardstock, Flourishes Classic Ivory, Websters's Pages  - Life's Portrait and Lullaby Lane, Old Olive;   Accessories:  Copic Markers, Big Shot, Labels Four Nestability, Scalloped Edge Punch, Crochet Ribbon, Loop Trim and Ivory Line Ruffle, Dimensionals, 1/2 Pearls

Love One Another:  Stamps:  Flourishes Cherry Blossoms;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pale Plum; Paper:  Pale Plum, Cardstock Vellum, Memory Box Gossomer DSP, Flourishes Classic White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Eight Nestabilities, Lattice Shapeabilities, Pink Loop Trim Ribbon, Prismacolor pencils, Sponge, 1/2 pearls, Borderabilities. 

29 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous images, fabulously coloured and great cards. I can see why you are loving this set :D

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow these are stunning cards
beautiffuly colered flowers
but you always colered so beautiffuly
and thanks for your comment on my wedding card

karin

Karen W said...

These are totally gorgeous!! My sets are ordered and in the mail.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Goooorgeous, girl!!! Love all the pretty trims, soft colors, vellum...everything! Both of these cards are oh-so-elegant!

Diane said...

Very beautiful...love them!!

Crystal said...

WOW Christine I LOVE your layouts and the embellies on these...You really made these images come to life!!! GORGEOUS!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Perfectly stunning Christine, this is a gorgeous set, love both cards, fabulous designs!

Unknown said...

Yep, I'm sold, lol!! Who couldn't after seeing those beautiful creations? Fabulous coloring as always, Christine!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful! Love the details you have on each card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Christine these are just gorgeous!!! Love your designs!!! Hugs ~S~

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful doesn't even begin to cover it Christine. I gasped -- especially when I saw your first card. OH MY! It just looks so rich and elegant with an almost antique flair! Two true beauties my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, I swoon over these cards you've created! Both breathtaking in their own way. The details, beautiful coloring, all the love and care you put into them -- it's apparent how this set sings in your hands!

Anja said...

great cards, teh stamps and your coloring are so lovely.

Chriss Blagrave said...

What beautiful cards. Stunning details. Love this image and so perfect for a wedding so close to heart!

Anita said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous. This new stamp set is a must-have.

Becky said...

Both of these are just stunning.

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are gorgeous Christine. The elegant and vintage feel to your first card is awesome. Love the vellum and fancy corners on the second card.

Dawn B. said...

These are so pretty Christine. I love the way you used the trim. It is the perfect embellishment..Super coloring as always. Great job.

marcella hawley said...

Christine!! You make my heart melt with your words - and then your cards send me over the moon! Love how you've used the sets with so many layered elements, there is so much to look at, so much to delight in! :)
~marcy

Traci M said...

You've created a bit of feminine magic with these sets...gorgeous is the word!!!

Shari said...

I don't know how it's possible....you've outdone yourself with these two cards! So vintage looking. Love them both.

dpkennedy said...

Wow Christine, these are gorgeous! I love the happiness flag you added to the first one-such a sweet touch! And the vellum on the second one is so elegant!

Allison Cope said...

WOWSERS! Your cards are incredible! I just LOVE the new stamps!

Linda Carson said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! enough said!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards with this new set!! I love cherry blossoms and cant wait to get this set! Love the sponging on the vellum on your soft card Christine

stampqueen said...

Stunning cards!!! Yup another gotta have set!!!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are as gorgeous as can be, girl!! I love how you've colored, and accented them perfectly!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

You know I've seen both of these cards in Yahoo and at the party, but it such a treat to sit down and scroll through them slowly absorbing every bit of love you put into them. You are amazing...I love both these cards. Makes me wish I had made them!

Denise Marzec said...

I knew you would do something AMAZING with this set! Gorgeous coloring on both and I love that torn vellum!