Saturday, January 16, 2010

White as Snow

Remember this Hymn?

"What can wash away my sin, nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

O precious is the flow, that makes me white as snow,
no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus" 

That hymn has been bouncing around in my head all day :)  The power of being forgiven and restored because of my Saviour is life changing. 

So that shaped this card design.   This is also for the Featured Stamper Challenge as well, jdmommy and here's the card . It's a beautiful design full of texture and simplicity, and lovely ribbon.


So the card started here with the ribbon.  We received a Christmas gift with this pretty white and gold ribbon attached to it.  I loved it so much I knew I'd save it for a card.  This was the day!  I embossed the dove from Our Daily Bread Designs' Confirmation set in gold, cut it out with a Labels Three Nestabilities, edged it with a Zig Painty and then framed it with the Scalloped Rectangle which was embossed with Finial Press Folder.  This then was put on a layer of Gold Metallic paper with the Martha Stewart Rings Punch around the page. 


The deep red velvet ribbon is to symbolize what Jesus did for me, a heart ribbon slide is in the center, surrounded by two knots.  I love how it turned out!  Have a beautiful Sunday!


Recipe:  Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Confirmation;  Ink:  VersaMark;  Paper:  White, Gold Metallic;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels 3 Nesties, Scalloped Oval Punch, Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder, Zig Painty Pen, Basic Grey Pearls, Ribbon Slide, Red Velvet Ribbon, White/Gold Trimmed Ribbon (source unknown), Bow Easy. 

23 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my Christine I LOVE all the gold accents, BEAUTIFUL card!! WOW

Willy's creations said...

So beautiful..love the gold accents.

Hugs,Willy

Anneke klerks said...

what a beautyful card, i love it

anneke

Jodi Collins said...

This is just gorgeous Christine! LOVE the elegant design and border, and the pop of color with the ribbon is just stunning!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

OH WOW, this is a wonderful card for the confirmation. I love it.
Annette

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Christine, this is one breathtaking card girl!!!! So elegant and BEAUTIFUL! WOW....I love that border you've out around {sigh} I am speechless!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Christine - may your day be as beautiful as your card and as dear as your faith.

You inspire my heart in all the right ways.

blessings from mary anne in stanwood

I believe!!

Marisa said...

Love how you framed the image, Christine! Such a glorious card - well done!

Now you're going to have me singing that song all day, or at least alternating with the one I have stuck in my head from this morning's service LOL! (All who are thirsty, all who are weak, come to the fountain, dip your heart in the stream of Life (think those are the last three words!), let the pain and the sorrow, be washed away, in the waves of His mercy as deep cries out to deep"

Have a blessed day!!

Cristybug said...

LOVE the card and the song. Thanks for sharing and boosting my spirits.

Dawn said...

beautiful Christine!sigh... I need that punch set... looks fabulous here!

Rose Ann said...

This is exquisite, Christine! Every detail is perfection!!

Kelley said...

Wow, Christine, you sure have created a beautiful card here!! The details are awesome!!

Unknown said...

WOOOW!! this is amazing amazing!!!

Grace said...

Absolutely breathtaking Christine!!! I love the punched edge and the elegant gold embossing.... I love the texture, layout and that red velvet ribbon... so meaningful and I love that you shared the words of that hymn! We never sing that any more and it's a great one!!! Thanks for sharing your heart!!!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWW! This is stunning! Love the different nesties and that gold slide. So gorgeous, Christine!

Chrissy D said...

For my pardon, this I see,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing this my plea,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus....

:) BEAUTIFUL - ELEGANT - WOW

Mary said...

Your card is stunning! The gold dove and accents are all so beautiful.

Mary

Susan (rainy) said...

What a beautiful and elegant card, Christine!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Christine - this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love all the gold and you have showcased those stamps to perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

yes I know that hymn and what a beautiful card came out of it!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS - Christine!!! Love this design!!! Hugs ~S~

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is gorgeous,Christine! Love the ring border and velvet ribbon. Very elegant.

Jerri Kay said...

I remember that song well! Being Baptist we sang it in our services many a time while I was growing up. It's a beautiful hymn! Thank you for sharing it as well as your beautiful card Christine!