Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sneak Peeks - Love You

Today is the 2nd day of Sneak Peeks with Flourishes.  I really love this sentiment set today, it's called Tag Lines.  For one it has wonderful font, and it has so many sentiments I would use regularly.  Ones I NEED :)  And the best part of all, this set was designed specifically to fit into Spellbinders Fancy Tags, there's not much than can make a cardmaker happier than to see things fit together.  Of course they'll work in many other applications, but I really love my Fancy Tags, they add such class to any card. 

We often say that to each other or our kids, a quick "Love You".  When we say goodbye, when we say hello, just for the sake of saying Love You :)  I don't care how old you are, you can never get tired of being told you are loved. 


I think I'll give this Valentine to our daughter because it's bright and cheery.  On this card I actually used my Ribbon Tag Trio Two  because I wanted a little extra stamping space.  I stamped the butterflies from the Gerber Daisy set alongside the sentiment.  Underneath the sentiment is a Lattice Pendant cut in half. 

I also overstamped the sentiment on the patterned paper accenting this with some pretty Kaiser Pearls


I also added some dry embossing on the patterned paper as you can see above. 

My mom asked me to make a card for my Uncle, he'll be celebrating his 75th Birthday in a few weeks and we're going to a surprise party for him, which is always fun.



I went back to one of my favourite Flourishes sets, Home Tweet Home.  I watercolored the branches and leaves, and the bird separately, and cut out and popped up the bird.  I wanted to give it all a masculine feel.  Nothing too frou frou (cause my Uncle is definitely not frou frou, lol!).  I picked the color palette from these 7 Gypsies papers, Nottinghill and Savannah.  Doesn't the sentiment look perfect in this die?  It's a combination of two separate words put together, that way you can do Happy Anniversary, etc. 



I washed in a soft sky in the background too, you can see it a little above.  I think he'll like it. 

Well, these wonder women on the Design Team have lots more for you to be inspired by today:  Cindy Lawrence, Julie Koerber, Latisha Yoast, Leslie Miller, Stacy Morgan

And would you like to win this fabulous set?  See the Flourishes Newsletter to enter today!

And don't forget tomorrow night is the big party!  The Release Party starts at 8 PM Mountain Time at the Flourishes Forum on Splitcoaststampers.  Hope to see you there!  It's always fun!

Recipe:  Love You:  Stamps:  Flourishes Tag Lines, Gerber Daisies;  Ink:  Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay;  Paper;  Bermuda Bay, Kiwi Kiss, Kiwi Kiss Patterns DSP, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Whisper White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two; Lattice Pendant Die, Dimensionals, Kaiser Pearls, Bermuda Bay Dotted Ribbon, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Finial Press Embossing Folder

75 Years Young:  Stamps:  Flourishes Tag Lines, Home Tweet Home;  Ink:  Stazon Timber Brown, Brocade Blue;  Paper:  Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, 7 Gypsies - Nottinghill and Savannah DSP, Flourishes European Watercolor paper, SW Markers, Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Spellbinders Labels One, and Fancy Tags, Satin Ribbon, Basic Grey Pearls, Corner Rounder, Piercer.

17 comments:

Latisha said...

Love love love the aqua and the green card...so fabby!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Christine, I LOVE the colors and the subtle *I love you* sentiment stamped on the back panel!! Then there's that gorgeously colored bird on the second!! WOW!! Two outstanding cards!!

Kathy Jones said...

Two GORGEOUS cards Christine!!! The first is wonderful and love the sentiment! I'm sure your Uncle will love the second - what fabulous colouring!!!

Broni said...

LOVE these, Christine!! The color combo on the first one is fantastic and that bird is just gorgeous!! All your beautiful details keep me coming back to look again and again!

NancyK said...

Both cards are just stunning!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful Christine!!!! I would never be able to decide which one is my favorite -- they are both exquisite! :-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Christine. Oh I like the vibrant colors of the greens and your pearls in the first card. The bird in the second is wonderful and your coloring is FABO!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine, you go! I just love the blue and green combo of your first card. Gorgeous design and pretty papers. The second is one of those masculine cards you do so well. Your painted scene is beautiful, and I'm sure your uncle will enjoy and appreciate it. I certainly do!

Unknown said...

Chiristine, those are stunning!! Beautiful coloring as always :)

Linda Carson said...

Wonderful artwork! Your Uncle is going to love his card!

Marisa said...

Wonderfully framed sentiment on the first card and the second card is a gorgeous birthday card! I'm sure your uncle will appreciate it. Love the layers and the colouring of image is fabulous.

Willy's creations said...

Just Beautiful!

Hugs,Willy

America said...

WOWZWERS GF!!!! These are beautiful and fabulous! Love your details and coloring! (but then again, I've always admired you wonderful coloring talent) :)

Grace said...

Both are fabulous Christine! I love the bright colors of the first and of course... made to fig fancy tags... what could be better??? I love the second card with this pretty bird! Your watercoloring is gorgeous! This will be very special for him!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWW, that bird card is AMAZING!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are stunning Christine!!! Your coloring is fantastic on the second. The colors of the first are gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

I totally love the colors of your first card, and I love the butterflies and pearls!

Your uncle will love his card! That bird is so beautiful, and perfectly colored!!