Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lemon Mint Tea

My very sweet friend Julie sent me something so pretty for Christmas, and I've been dying to use it ever since!  I finally was able to use it for today's Inspiration Challenge, a web-store called Nell's Hill.  They had a pretty cup and saucer set that reminded me right away of this stamp. 



This stamp is just GORGEOUS, and so fun to color!  The combination of the saucer, delicate napkin, the tea in the cup and the lemon and mint is so pretty!  I used my prismacolor pencils to give it lots of light and life.

For the other parts of the card I used my brand new Spellbinders Fleur De Lis pendant behind the main image and also my Martha Stewart Rings punch to mimic the lace edging on the napkin.  And LOOK I sewed on the top layer to give it a subtle accent. 




To me it's a little touch of spring. 

Recipe:  Stamps:  Impression Obsession: Lemon Tea Cup  Flourishes - Tag Lines;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss;  Paper:  Barely Banana, Regal Rose, Flourishes Classic White;  Basic Grey Lemonade DSP, Lily Kate DSP;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Three Die, Modern Label Punch, Martha Stewart Rings Punch, Fleur De Lis Pendant Die, Basic Grey Pearls, Green Organza Ribbon, Bow Easy, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, Prismacolor pencils, Blending stump. 

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Christine!! Love your coloring and design!! Very springy!! Stunning!
~chris

Grace said...

Oh Christine this is gorgeous!!! I have a small cup and saucer collection that was started when Mom died and my sister and I split her collection. This tugs at my heart because it reminds me of her and you've colored it almost exactly like one of hers! It's so feminine and pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Crystal said...

Lemon mint tea can't get any better than this!!!! Absolutely gorgeous Christine!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Christine, the soft coloring is perfect with this teacup image.

Jodi Collins said...

This is STUNNING Christine! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this image and the colors and your coloring are just perfection!! I miss you girlie! I hope everything is GREAT in your little part of the world!! HUGS!!

Kim Dellow said...

What a wonderful image and I love the papers you have matched it up with. Kim

TN Granny said...

I love all the new sets I can't You tea cup is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
God Bless,
Jeanine
www.blstamper.blogspot.com

Joan Ervin said...

Soooo vintage and elegant, Christine...reminds me of gentler times!!! Your coloring is sooo delicate and pretty...such awesome details, too...even sewing...Woot!!!

Rose Ann said...

So fresh and beautiful, Christine!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is amazing and I LOVE this image! Time for tea, I think ;)

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!! What beautiful, fresh colours!!! Lovely cup and saucer and such beautiful, delicate colouring!!! Gorgeous work Christine!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine! I saw this the other day but was in too much of a hurry to stop and tell you how much I love it. I'm doing that today because I just had to come back for another look. I know you'll always have something pretty to see here. Now to take a look at some of your other pretties!