Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grace

"My chains are gone, I've been set free, my God my Saviour has ransomed me
and like a flood His mercy reigns, unending love, Amazing Grace"  - Chris Tomlin


LOVE that song.  Check out my inspiration link too:  Floral Bliss from a great site called Echo.  It's such a beautiful room. 

This design really came about because of these gorgeous papers.  I haven't used them in so long, but they're really so lovely, and the texture really adds something to the design.  I colored the Cross and dove from the Confirmation set with Copic Markers to mirror the colors in the paper, I like how the Baja blue with the deep brown of the cross. 



The Sentiment is actually just a part of Confirmation and  Baptism Verses, I took the word Grace from one of the verses and inked it with a Chocolate Chip marker in the center of the Fancy Tags die. 

Thanks for stopping by again today....see you soon!

Recipe:  Stamps: ODBD - Confirmation, Baptism and Confirmation Verses;  Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze DSP, Flourishes Classic Ivory, Baja Breeze;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip;   Accessories: Copic Markers, Big Shot, Deckled Nestabilities, Lattice Borderabilities, Fancy Tags, Baja Breeze Satin Ribbon (Valet Ribbon Originals), Dimensionals, Bow Easy, Glue Dots

20 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful Christine I LOVE these colors!!!

Anneke klerks said...

beautyful card!!
groet anneke

Jerri Kay said...

It's gorgeous Christine. You've nailed the colors from the inspiration photo, just love this card!

Unknown said...

I really love this card, it is very beautiful and inspiring..Great job....

Ms. Jen said...

This is beautiful. Love all the details that bring it together!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Gorgeous card. Love the Cross on it. Glad I found your site through the blog hop.

Marisa said...

You had me singing the hymn last week from one of your cards and now I'll be singing this one all day today now. Love it :D Lovely card you've made here. There is just something about a cross. Have a great week :D

Rene said...

What a beautiful,beautiful card Christine.
Rene from OZ xo

Grace said...

This is so beautiful Christine!!! I love this image and love how you pulled out just the wonderful word.. GRACE. I too love Chris Tomlins rendition of Amazing Grace! Thanks for the inspiration, visual and spiritual!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, encouraging & uplifting!

Renée said...

I LOVE that song too! This is a gorgeous card, Christine!

Mary said...

Your colors are so beautiful in this card. So soft and peaceful. The lattice spellbinder is very pretty. Now I need the stamp set and the spellbinder lattice. :)

Mary

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I love the song also, your colors and ribbon treatment complete this card!

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Christine...and your details are perfection!!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Christine!!! Love your colours/colouring, design and details!!!

Denise Marzec said...

OH what a STUNNER!! Love those papers and all the fancy borders!

Unknown said...

We sang that song yesterday in church! It is one of my favs!!! Love your card! Blessings, Sister!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Christine, this is breathtaking!!! You've used some of my all time favorite DP and your coloring....out of this world!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Christine!! This is my fave paper!! Your coloring and design is so serene and elegant!
hugs,
Chris

Kelley said...

A totally GORGEOUS card, Christine!! Wow, love the highlighted word too!