Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Flourishes New Releases Angelic Love & Clouds

How would you like some sweet Sneak Peeks of some new LOVE sets from Flourishes?  Today I have two samples for you, almost opposite of each other. 

Here we have a very soft pastel sunset with 2 new sets, Clouds background set and Angelic, which is a very sweet Valentine and Friendship set.  I colored the angel softly with Prismacolor pencils and the sunset in the clouds is done with various shades of craft ink smushed on the stamp giving you different layers of color.  I also stamped the clouds on the background vellum layer too. 



The angel is popped up, and the sentiment is on vellum as well.  Some Basic Grey gems and silk ribbon and its softly sweetly done.   I thought the silk would give it a cloud like look too. 



Now this one has some drama in it.  I wanted to take advantage of this great new paper at Flourishes, it's called Metallic Board, and comes in a variety of colors, here I've used the silver and red.



It's really mirrored - so it's not easy to get a good picture, but you can see I've used the Silver Metallic Board paper and embossed the locket onto it, and then I've used the Red Metallic Board for the framing, using a Spellbinders Foliage Frame embossed and also the Borderabilities Lattice with satin ribbon woven through.  I love how this paper takes dry embossing.  It's very classy.  And on the heat embossing, I just advise using an embossing buddy before stamping so stray embossing powder doesn't stay on the paper. 



I stamped "I Love You" from the set in Stazon black, and then tried to give it the look of a chain with some mettalic cording.  I was reminded of this idea last week when I saw my friend Tosh's pocket watch she made some time back for her Dirty Dozen Gallery.  Isn't she the smartest?  Mine looks different but I have to say she was my inspiration!

Well, there are many more wonderful samples to see with the Design Team, and if you want to win this set....enter your name at the Flourishes Blog today!  And don't forget there's still time to enter the New Release Contest to win the entire new release!


Recipe:  God's Angel's Disguised:  Stamps:  Flourishes - Angelic and Clouds Background;  Ink - White Craft, Only Orange, Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac and Ballet Blue Craft Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper:  Lovely Lilac, Cardstock Vellum, Flourishes Classic White, Whisper White;  Accessories:  EK Success Scallop Punch, White Silk Ribbon, Basic Grey Square Gems, Prismacolor Pencils, Dimensionals, Bow Easy

I Love You Locket - Stamps:  Flourishes - Angelic;  Ink:  VersaMark, Black Stazon;  Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Metallic Board Red and Silver, SU Patterned Paper;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Lattice Borderabilities, Foliage Frameabilities, Silver Cording, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy

14 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Yup, they are opposite as in one is so soft and sweet... the other so dramatic. But they are the same in that they are both GORGEOUS! Beautiful cards, Christine.

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christine! So elegant!!

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are really beautiful, Christine!!! The little cupid is sooo pretty...he looks sooo delicate floating in all those lovely soft colors and I love all the shine and classy design on the heart card!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow! Just too pretty Christine! I agree -- you've got some drama going on with the red and black but WOW! I love the top card too -- What a beautiful layout with the silk ribbon, scallops and bling!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are wonderful. I like the soft whimsey side of the first one. The bold and dramatic second one is awesome...

Traci M said...

These are both beautiful, I love the clouds in the sunset look you achieved in the first one, and the bold and masculine colors in the second.
Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you're right, Christine -- the silk ribbon is like a big, fluffy cloud! Such opposite cards but both so beautiful in their own right. The metallic paper looks fabulous on your Valentine!

Marisa said...

What a wonderful sentiment on the first card :D How true it is. Love that big bow too! Your second card threw me for a bit of a loop as it is so different from your usual style and from the first one you posted -- got me to pay attention and wake up a bit more LOL! Great, bold, dramatic card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Christine!! I really love how you showed us the totally different look. Amazing!

Rose Ann said...

Both of your samples are so beautiful, Christine!!

Karen W said...

Both cards are gorgeous, I love the softness of the angel one and the dramatic one is WOW!

America said...

Ooh, I just love the gorgeousness of the first and the striking feel of the second. Beautiful work GF!!

Liz Williams said...

It looks like this will be a set hard to resist. I love angels. Love your card and the sentiment is wonderful.

Latisha said...

So different, but so beautiful!!