Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pretty Poinsettia

Hello Friends!  Hope this Tuesday finds you well.  It's been a busy weekend and start to the week for us. 

But, today is our day off, and I loved the softness to the color challenge colors over at SCS.  Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink and Going Gray.  I took some time this morning to make this card: 



I started by embossing this gorgeous Poinsettia's from Flourishes with White Embossing Powder on Watercolor Paper.  I then did a very light wash of watercolor with my Stampin' Write Markers (just one or two layers of color), and then trimmed the poinsettia and leaves out.  The soft color with the white embossing is really pretty. 

I used several Nestability shapes for accents, the new Fancy Tags, the Lattice Border and Labels Five (sponged with Sage Shadow). 

I never have bought any Going Gray ink or papers, (GASP!), but I do have a Going Gray Marker, so I used that for the poinsettia center, shadows and the sentiment and gorgeous Flourish in the background on the Eskimo Kisses paper. 

Here's a closeup of the watercoloring: 



Alright, off to clean my stamping mess and spend some time with my husband.  It's my last SU workshop tonight, and I'm feeling pretty sad today.  The end of an era! 

Recipe:  Flourished Elements, Poinsettia and Boxwood;  Ink:  VersaMark, Going Gray (marker);  Paper:  Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Watercolor Paper, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses DSP;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Nestabilites:  Labels Five, Lattice Border, Fancy Tags;  Velvet Ribbon, Kaiser Rhinestones, Sponge, SW Markers, Aquapainter, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

17 comments:

TN Granny said...

Your card is amazingly beautiful, I love Flourishes and love your work, thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

I also love SU but sometimes the Lord leads us in different directions for a reason.
God Bless,
Jeanine

Crystal said...

OH my Christine this is STUNNING!!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your design and watercoloring is total perfection!

Willy's creations said...

Your card is beautiful!

Hugs,Willy

Willy's creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is so soft and delicate. Just gorgeous girlie! Glad you had a fun filled busy weekend. I know your last workshop will be hard, but you never know what is around the corner.. Big hugs... Try to relax the rest of the week. :0)

Lori Craig said...

oh my...this is gorgeous, Christine. Breathtaking really. Hugs, sweet friend.

Denise Marzec said...

Totally BREATH TAKING!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

*sigh*...love this card Christine!! The white embossed poinsettia is gorgeous and so beautifully colored!! Love it with the dp you chose too!! WOW!!

Danni said...

Simply stunning! Wow!! So gorgeous!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

GASP! This lovely and gorgeous creation just takes my breath away, Christine! So soft.
I think it's sad what SU has asked of their demos, but like Jeanine wrote, you're obviously being lead in a different direction for a reason.
Thank you for blessing us with your beautiful creations!

Ida said...

What a stunning beauty this is. Love the soft colors and the elegance of this card.

Norine said...

I just love this card it is so soft and pretty great job
Hugs
Norine

Joan Ervin said...

Holy Moley, girlfriend...that is one FANTABULOUS card!!! Your poinsettia is sooo gorgeous and the soft colors and layout showcase the poinsettia beautifully!!!!

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful. I like the soft colors and the use of tags, borders and flourishes. Very nice.

Lesley said...

Hi Christine,

Lovely work...the watercolouring is beautiful!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Keisha said...

Lovely! The colors don't scream Christmas, but it sends the message accross. I recently got my hands on some paper crafting over at this site. They have tutorials there, and I hope to see something like that on your site someday. Thanks for sharing this!