Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Set Two Looks

It's another Flourishes Friday and this week Leslie has challenged the Design Team girls to create two different looks with the same stamp set.  I love a challenge like this!  I think that's why I love Flourishes stamps so much, because you can achieve very different looks depending on the application you use. 

I love the Forest of Trees set because you can do so much with it...seasons, masculine, feminine, Christmas...., so I decided to create two Christmas looks with it.  Here is the pair together. 



I kept a similar layout for both cards but made them look entirely different.

Crisply Christmas


With this card I wanted to create a crisp icy feeling.  So I stamped the pine tree in a soft Bashful Blue, and then stamped over top of it with VersaMark ink and embossed it with Irridescent Ice Embossing powder.  I think this the BEST thing about clear stamps...you can see exactly where your stamp is stamping...and you can achieve perfect lineup!  The embossing powder gives you such a cool look...it glistens blue, silver, purple, green...all depending on which way you turn it. 

I've accented the tree with rhinestones, framed it with Nestabilities, and then added an embossed layer white on white.  Then embellished the card with satin ribbon and one of the Finishing Touches Ribbon Slides.



Warmly Christmas




This card is a little more in my comfort zone :)  I stamped the pine tree here on watercolor paper and watercolored it with reinkers.  Then I sponged the paper heavily using the Nestability Label as a template.  I love these Basic Grey Sultry papers and thought they made a lovely warm backdrop to the scene.  And a beautiful Silk ribbon bow to accent it as well as the beautiful Finishing Touches Flower. 



So, now you can see....just one way you can create very different looks with the same stamp set...even the same layout - and just by your color choices, stamp application and embellishments create different looks.

Leslie has a great post on the Flourishes Newsletter today about using one set and achieving two looks so be sure to check it out as well as all the girls' doubly delicious cards today:

Cindy Lawrence,   Laura Fredrickson,   Julie Koerber,    Faith Hofrichter,   Latisha Yoast,   Leslie Miller, Stacy Morgan

Recipes:  Crisply Christmas:  Stamps:  Forest of Trees;  Ink: Bashful Blue, VersaMark;  Paper:  Whisper White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Rectangles and Scalloped Rectangles Nestabilities, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, Kaiser Rhinestones, Blue Satin Ribbon, Oval Punches, Finishing Touches Ribbon Slide (Silver), Dimensionals.

Warmly Christmas:  Stamps:  Forest of Trees;  Brown Stazon, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip;  Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Sultry paper;  Accessories:  Labels Five Nestabilities, Big Shot, Ticket Corner Punch, Silk Ribbon, Oval Punch, Sponge, Finishing Touches Flower Brad (Copper), Dimensionals.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Christine, these are both absolutely beautiful!!

Ruthie said...

Both are gorgeous! Two totally different looks! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!

Vera said...

It's amazing! Those trees are both wonderful, but so totally different! I love both cards!

Jerri Kay said...

I love them both, the blue tree is soft, tranquil, warms the senses; the green tree is exciting, vibrant with color! Fabulous designs girl!

Velta said...

Stunningly beautiful cards!

The Rubber Maid said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards. I guess I have to say the 2nd. with the rich colors if my favorite even though they both are stunning. Pat

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK... Christine these are gorgeous. I can't decide which I love more. LOL Both are just fabulous!

Norine said...

love both of these really like the blue so wintery great job
Hugs
Norine

Latisha said...

STUNNING!
These are sooooo pretty, for different reasons! I love that tree from that stamp set, its so perfect for a challenge like this.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
hugs
Latisha

Lesley said...

Hi Christine!

I love this set! Your cards are just beautiful as always! Love the sponging you did and the white on white is so crisp and lovely!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

NancyK said...

Oh my - both of these are stunning! What a beautiful way to show how with one stamp you can accomplish such different and striking results!

Cherie said...

OMG! These cards are stunning! I really love the ice blue tree! Wow! TFS!

Connie M. said...

Oh so pretty, Christine!! Love both your crisp and warm cards!! Wonderful, wonderful!!

Shari said...

These are simply stunning Christine! How you do it, I'll never know. I love, love, love the Warmy Christmas card. Going to have to CASE that one! Thanks for all you share with us.

Renée said...

Both of these are stunning, Christine!

Betty Wright said...

I saw these at the coast and new I needed to blop over and say once again how absolutely STUNNING these cards are!!!! Beautifull done, Christine!!! Blessings!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Christine! Sometimes I feel all cool blue and white and other times I feel warm and colorful, like your second card. Love your color combo on that one! Such different looks -- great samples!

Ida said...

Wow these are fabulous. The first is so dainty and soft. I am most drawn to the 2nd card with those rich and elegant colors.

Rose Ann said...

These are so different, and sooooo gorgeous, Christine!!! I absolutely LOVE them!!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow both cards are completely stunning! I love the contrast between them. You'd think it was a different stamp. Awesome job!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both just amazing Christine! Love the soft blues and the warm card is just that...warm and beautiful! Fabulous colouring and gorgeous details on both!

Traci M said...

You achieved such beautiful results with your card creations, Christine! I cannot pick a favorite, but I must say that embossing powder is one I have and I need to use it this Christmas! And I love this Flourishes tree, it is on my wish list!
Thanks for sharing!

Dee Jackson said...

Both of these cards are totally gorgeous!! I love them both.

Julie Koerber said...

I gasped when I saw both of these Christine! I love the rich look of both!!!

Lori Craig said...

absolutely stunning...you amaze me. thinking of you this evening as you enjoy time with your friends. hugs, Christine.