Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Up!


We had a fun family day today. After the cabinet inspector came, we did some errands then took the kids out for lunch and took them to the movie "Up! 3D...what a fun time! I LOVED the 3D effect of the movie, and it was a fun and very sweet story. A fun family day. Now the kids are jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler on it. They love that! A great way to have fun, and beat the heat.

So I started this color challenge card this morning, but didn't finish it till this afternoon. Judy is our hostess this week, but wow, did she give us a doozie...Really Rust, Not Quite Navy and Pretty in Pink. It has a sort of folk art look to it to me.

I used the new set Wings of Friendship from SU. stamped the background layer and inside rust layer. Then I stamped the main image 4 different times. The main rust layer, then the navy bird, pink flowers and the multi-colored wing. I then went back with my Stampin' Write Marker and with the pen tip added definition to the flowers, bird and leaf/swirls. It's a nice effect on a solid stamp.

I added faux stitching around the 3 patterned paper panels on the top left and bottom right of each panel.

I'm still not sure about the colors, what do you think?

Oh...a quick invitation for you! Have you read about the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges later this week on SCS? It's a chance for you to come and stamp in our Dirty Girl and Alumni Challenges hosted this Thursday (24th) through Saturday (26th). There are TONS of great challenges each day and it's a chance to get to know the Dirty Girls a little better. It's tons of FUN! Here's the link where the challenges will be posted:

Recipe: Stamps: Wings of Friendship; Ink: Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Pretty in Pink: Paper: Really Rust, Not Quite Navy, Pretty in Pink, Bella Blue DSP, Whisper White; Accessories: Stampin Write Markers, Dimensionals, White Taffeta Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Piercer, EE Brads.

9 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Christine! I love this stampset and how you used it for today's color challenge!! Very beautifully layed out!!

Vera said...

Beautiful card, Christine! I love everything about it!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Christine. You did these colors justice. I love that you had a great family day. My son and I saw that movie too. Can't wait to see the dirty challenges this week...

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! I love this!!

Crystal said...

Sooo very beautiful, love the wing of the birdie!!! Beautiful colors!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card!! We want to take our 4-year-old to see Up! too. :)

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful card!

Cynthia said...

Great color combo....lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine! This is beautiful! I just love all the pretty and artistic details in the main image. So feminine. You're turning my head with your SU! samples!