Friday, July 24, 2009

A Touch of Class

Isn't black and white the classiest combination around? Perfect for a sense of drama...well you throw just the tiniest pop of red in there and WOW!

This is my last card today... it's a two-fer for both Sharon and Cindy's challenges this afternoon.

I've combined two Flourishes sets one for the backgrounds and one for the main image. I think the flourishes in the background really add to the elegance of the design.
Just a pop of red, with a watercolored poppy, and a tiny sliver of red outlining the circle.


If you look closely, you can see I added two tiny tabs on the top of the sentiment, one on each side to tuck under the main circle but allow the ribbon to feed through the middle.

Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes - Flourished Elements, Poppy Patch; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Black; Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Watercolor paper; Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Reinkers, Aqua Painter, Gingham Ribbon (Flourishes), Kaiser Pearls, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Love your style!

Emily said...

Just gorgeous Christine! Some of my favorite colors! Love your ribbon treatment:))

Jerri Kay said...

Perfectly stunning Christine, I love the slash of color that lone bud adds to this design.

Ida said...

Beautiful. The touch of the red poppy looks divine on your card.

Denise Marzec said...

I agree, it's a very classy color combo!

Paula Barin said...

This card is stunning!! Love the black and white and a splash of red. Really pops!

Deelite said...

You are going to make me buy this poppy set. hehe This black and white card with the red poppy is just amazing. TFS your talent.

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful combination of the challenges, Christine!! I love your pop of red!!