Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pretty Pixie Pedestal

First ink for this cute cute set! Isn't it adorable? I think it will be great for kid or adult birthdays. I love the fonts too, a little retro feeling, and with these colors today from the color challenge (Pixie Pink, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery), I think it looks a little like an old fashioned candy store.
I stamped the cupcake 2 times, trimmed and then popped up the top, and then tucked the candle in between the layers. A little Dazzling Diamonds makes it look even more yummy.
I love the background text layer. I just inked my stamp with my SW Markers to give it the feel of designer paper.
Other bits and pieces, I embossed the pixie pink layer on the background and ran my Craft White ink pad overtop to give the embossing more definition.

Thanks for the visit!

Recipe: Stamps: On a Pedestal; Ink: Pixie Pink, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Craft White; Paper: Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Certainly Celery & Apricot Appeal Prints; Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note, Texturz Plate, Organza Ribbon, Latte Buttons, Stampin' Write Markers, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds.

9 comments:

Rose Ann said...

I love all of the pretty, bright colors you've used on your card, Christine!! I love the sparkle and pretty ribbon treatment as well!!

Renée said...

What a delightful card, Christine! The colours are fabulous, the layout is great, and I love the sparkle!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh so sweet!

Joanne Travis said...

Everything about this is fabulous!! I love the ribbon treatment.

Crystal said...

Christine I LOVE this knew set, and your colors are wonderful!! Great layout too!!! Beautiful work girl!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh so cute Christine!! It does looks like a candy store!LOL! Super sweetness!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Christine. I love the retro colors. Such a great way to use this set. TFS

Betty Wright said...

Christine, this is beaautiful!!! Love the layout and the design. The text pattern behind the cake is wonderful!!! Love the sparkle, too!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So fresh and cute, great birthday card.