Thursday, May 21, 2009

Swimmin! Invites


Our middle son will celebrate his 10th Birthday next week, so I had to finish the party invites so he can take them to school today. It's going to be a swimming party so I thought Just Beachy would be the perfect set.


These are really simple, but fun cards. I just do card fronts for party invites. These were night photos so they don't show the color as well as I'd like.

I rolled the Lazy Days wheel with VersaMark on the Kraft layer and then stamped off and then stamped the PARTY word (from Calendar Cues) in Ruby Red. The wheel is also rolled on the Ruby Red layer.

I wanted to give the feel of a porthole into the ocean so I cut out the ovals with my Big Shot, then cut a large circle punch hole in the middle. (Then I used that circle for the tucked in sentiment). I popped up one fish, stamped one to look like he's in the distance, and tied it with hemp. Just a couple more circles added as accents. Very mail-able too, which some will have to be.

He thinks they're great - but I know he's just excited about the party!

Recipe: Stamps: Just Beachy, Hugs and Wishes, Calendar Cues, Lazy Days Wheel; Ink: Black Stazon, Ruby Red, Soft Sky, VersaMark; Paper: Kraft, Ruby Red, Soft Sky, Soft Sky Prints, Naturals Ivory; Accessories: Big Shot, Oval Bigz Die, Large Circle Punch, 3/4 circle punch, 1/2 circle punch, Sponge, SW Markers, Reinkers, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Hemp.

7 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

These are just toooo cute, Christine...perfect for a boy's beach party!!! I can just see the smile on your DS's face.....you are such a wonderful mom!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How adorable are these cards!! LOVE all the shapes! And the colors....fabulous!! Those fish are a hoot!!

Danni said...

How fun!! Super cute!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally adorable with such fun colors!!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are darling, Christine!! Happy Birthday to your son!

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee Cute Christine.

Rose Ann said...

These are just too cute, and I love the layout and colors!!