Friday, May 29, 2009

Clearly Strutting

You know, I had a dream about a peacock last night. Weird hey? I guess subliminally that influenced my stamp choice...or it could be that I was inspired by Laura Fredrickson from last week too.

Laura is hosting our Flourishes Friday Focus this week and she's challenged us to make the most of our clear cardstock. There's really a lot you can do with that transparent cool look, punch shapes from it, stamp on it, use it as accent, use it as a card base....clearly it's all about your creativity!

I chose to use it today as an accent for my sentiment. I cut out the clear shape with my Deckled Rectangles Nestability shape, and then stamped the swirly from my Strut Your Stuff set on there. This mimics the other shapes I have in the card.
I watercolored this beautiful peacock, sponged the background, and then used my Aqua Painter to blend the background to give it a soft effect. I thought this Lime Rickey paper from Basic Grey had the perfect pattern for the peacock feathers.

AND I had to add some pretty jewelry...these are the new Finishing Touches Beautiful Brads in Copper. Today you can see some beautiful Mini Tags at Faith's blog, Pretty Pins with Latisha, and some Architectural Brads at Cindy's! They're also doing some clear cardstock creations too!

Also check out the other clear creations here:
Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes - Strut Your Stuff; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Stazon, Night of Navy & Taken with Teal (for sponging); Paper: Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Flourishes Watercolor Paper, Lime Rickey - DSP, Clear Cardstock ; Accessories: SW Markers, Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Nestabilities (Deckled Rectangle), Sponge, Dimensionals, Flourishes Silk Ribbon, Flourishes - Finishing Touches - Beautiful Brads (Copper), Sharpies.

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

FANTASTIC looking card! Wowie!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Christine! I love your peacock and the clear sentiment overlay is awesome!

Stacy Morgan said...

So cool! He looks great and I like the coloring.

Latisha said...

Beautiful card Christine!!

Rose Ann said...

Your peacock looks amazing, Christine!! So beautifully colored!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

That peacock is just stunning Christine!! What a gorgeous card!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous, Christine! A perfect combination of everything! I love the richness of the paper and your utterly beautiful watercolored peacock. Amazing and fabulous art!

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow, Christine! Absolutely gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christine!!!! I think the peacock is one of my all time fav Flourishes stamps and you have colored it to perfection!!!!! Love what you did with the clear sentiment thingy, too!!!!

Velta said...

Christine ~ This is the best coloring of this image I have seen yet...You really did an awesome job...gotta get me some of those Finishing Touches :)

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER cool Christine! The colors and your coloring are AMAZING on this! WOWSA!!!