Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beauty and Sparkle

Well, I don't usually stamp on Sundays...but my friend Joan Ervin was chosen as the Featured Stamper! So, I finally had some time late today to CASE her. She's just such a great woman. We served together for several months on the Dirty Dozen team at SCS. She's fun, she's strong, she's dedicated to her family, and she's a wonderfully talented stamper.

Here's the link to the card I cased of hers: God's Beauty, it's wonderfully full of rich color and texture and sparkle, I don't think I did it justice, but here's mine

Changes I made: The color palette, not *shabbying* the edges, not using the flourish stamps and adding a layer that was DP not stamped (plus different ribbon)

The butterflies are inked with Palette ink and colored with copic markers, which is really the only non-SU thing on the card. After the coloring I inked the butterflies and flowers with versamark and heat embossed with Irridescent Ice. They are very shimmery :) Here you can see it on the butterflies, but not so much on the flowers.

So for Joan....a happy day to you my friend! May you see beauty today and God's handwriting in your life!

Recipe: Stamps: God's Beauty; Ink: Palette, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Basic Gray, VersaMark; Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Walk in the Park DSP, PTI White; Accessories: Copic Markers, Irridescent Ice EP, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Valet Ribbon Originals, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sponge, Aqua Painter

11 comments:

Danni said...

Wow!Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful card!! Love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is stunning Christine!! Your butterflies are exquisite!! Love the colors too!!

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS!

Lesley said...

This is so pretty Christine. Your friend will love it. The butterflies are so striking!!

Lesley :)

Renée said...

This is gorgeous, Christine!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, the colors on those butterflies are amazing!! Love the combo and especially the sparkle on them! GORGEOUS I tell ya!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Christine!!! Those butterflies are absolutely beautiful!

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend! Oh and the snow this morning :( bummer eh?

velta said...

THIS is beautiful!! Your design is perfect for these images and I love how you used the sparkly on the butterflies :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, Christine!! Your coloring is beautiful, and I love how you've made the butterflies sparkly!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is just beautiful, Christine! Your coloring is amazing and that layout is just gorgeous. I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card Christine, especially love those butterflies!