Monday, May 11, 2009

Bandanas for Rock and Roll

Betcha I got you with that title! You're wondering where I'm going with this one!

Well, today's Technique Lover's Challenge is one called The Bandana Technique, one where you use a background or other stamp color on color and then adding opaque white pen higlights to create the feel of a bandana. I thought it looked cool, and quite easy!


I was also going to incorporate the Clean and Simple Challenge this week which is to use the Rock and Roll Technique on your card. And I did use the Rock and Roll technique...but it's not really clean and simple with all the cutting....and the color change is really subtle with the colors I used...so I'm not entering it in that challenge :) But it was a good thought, and it jumpstarted my creative process.

This is for a swap due tomorrow so you can see that they're not all put together yet! I'll do that later today. But you can see that I stamped the butterflies on Soft Sky paper with Baja Breeze ink. I added the leaf stems in Soft Sky and then added the white gel pen highlights. Pretty isn't it? The main cut out butterfly is rock and rolled in Soft Sky then Baja, and I added a simple ribbon and brad treatment and some more highlights on the sentiment. A little more close up here...

It's a gorgeous day here, I'm going to take our little guy out bike riding this afternoon! Hope you have a great day today!

Recipe: Stamps: Great Friend; Ink; Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, White Craft, Basic Grey; Paper: Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Soft Sky, Whisper White; Accessories: Grey Taffeta Ribbon, White signo Gel Pen, Scalloped Oval Punch, Silver Brads, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the effect you created with the technique!! Those colors are just wonderful. Too bad I am at work at the moment, it looks like a fun one to try!

Leslie Miller said...

I could swear this was designer paper, Christine! Very pretty, and a great technique!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW, what a cool effect you got...I'm off to check out that challenge! Not sure if I'll actually do it because I'm not a *technique girl*...but who knows, maybe I'll give it a try. :)

Linda Carson said...

Lovely!

Dawn B. said...

This a a beautiful swap card. I love the way your stamps and white look together. Great job.

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty card, Christine...you did a fabulous job on that background!!! I didn't stamp today...too busy planting flowers. I'll just have to enjoy your card today!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow....so beautiful, Christine!! Fabulous job with the technique!!