Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baffling Befuddled Butterflies

Oh this color challenge almost did me in! Emily gave us Only Orange, Purely Pomegranate and Brilliant Blue....now where are you going to go with that? They all have the same deep saturation and the Pomegranate and Orange are complementary...but then you throw in that blue..sheesh!

Here's what I finally came up with after much dis-assembling and rearranging and staring and frustration!

I had no designer paper to throw in here, so I had to create my own using the Whisper White. I used the Rock and Roll technique on the butterflies.

Whew, that's done, I'm not sure how I feel about it! It's definitely vibrant...which is a far cry from the snow we have today, can you believe it? And our daughter has a school track meet today....all day, out in the snow!

Oh my poor flowers!

Recipe: Stamps: Great Friend; Ink: Only Orange, Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, White Craft; Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White; Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Texturz Plate, Oval Punch, Large White Brads, White Organza Ribbon

8 comments:

Heather T said...

You have done a beautiful job with these colours. I especially like the two tone butterflies. Your original designer paper is great.

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, THIS card...the way you WORKED the colors....makes me want to try the challenge after all. Awesome...you're seriously amazing to do THIS with THOSE colors! Can you tell I wasn't a fan of the combo when I saw it?? :)

Danni said...

This is just amazing! Oh so pretty! I love it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so pretty! I think you pulled the cc off without a hitch. this is wonderful, great butterflies too!

Francien said...

Your cards are so beautyful lately Christine...I love those colours you used...gives them a "happy"look...the butterflies are awesome...must have bin quit a job to finish but the results are stunning!!
greetings Francien.

Cindy Lawrence said...

You did a FANTASTIC job with this color challenge, Christine!!! No surprise there, though! You are amazing! Hope the weather warms up for you soooon! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! Well, you def. get a DOUBLE WOW today for that-that is DEF a color combo for ya! LOL! Your card doesn't show any signs of you being stumped though, even for a second...it's just GORGEOUS!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...you've done a wonderful job with the colors, Christine!! Tough one, and you make it look easy!! I love your R & R butterflies!!