Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stripedy

Don't you love when Tigger calls himself *Stripedy*? I always think it's so cute.


Today's Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS was to use stripes. Well, it wasn't until this afternoon that I could get to anything, but sheesh I almost didn't upload. The ideas in my head did not translate the best to paper.


Glitterfied Stripes



Last week my upline showed me a fabulous card with the sticky cuts, a heart that was in stripes...she said they cut the top layer (red/pink layer) of the sticky cuts with a craft knife and then added the different colors of superfine glitter in stripes! So SMART! And boy was it fabulous looking. So I thought I'd try it, but it wasn't as easy as it looked...I think I remade this card 4 times. In the end, it's cool looking...just frustrating!! Yes it really is that glittery (and more) in real life!




Scooters and Stripes




This was for a boys birthday party (again!) I love this little retired set The Wheel Thing...I don't think I'll ever part with it. And remember *The Donna* technique? Where you stamp once then do repeated stamping to give the feeling of motion? So cute.


I paper pieced the parts of the scooter in the paper colors. My sentiment isn't quite straight...but I was in such a rush to finish it so he could get out the door to the party.


New large brads on the wheels too as hub caps! Hee hee!


Recipe: Glitterfied: Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment; Ink: Tempting Turqouise, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black; Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss Prints, Tempting Turqouise, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss; Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Black Brads, Ribbons, Dimensionals, Supernova Fine Glitter, Sticky Cuts


Scooters: Stamps: The Wheel Thing, sentiment SU but unknown set!; Ink: Tempting Turqouise, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Wild Wasabi; Paper: Whisper White, East Coast Prep DSP, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise; Accessories: Turquoise Brads, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Striped Ribbon

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh yeah, love when tigger says that. He's SOOO cute!

I love the repeated stamping technique to make *motion*...so flippin' cool!! What a great card for a birthday party!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

oh my goodness... LOVE that scooter card!! SO CUTE!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

That is glitterfied, and cheery! I love tigger too, hee hee.. The scooter is darling!

Rose Ann said...

I love the pretty colors and sparkle on the first card, and your scooter card is soooo cute!!

Joan Ervin said...

Gotta love all that glitter, Christine...those stripes are awesome and the scooter card is sooo cute!!! Love how you caught all that motion!!!

Betty said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG/Style. You don't use tons of layers and DP's and your cards are still wonderful. I think that's great.

Anonymous said...

I love the fabulous colors in the striped card Christine, so bright and cheery. Totally loving the scooter! I've never tried the motion technique, it's as Denise put it, "flippin' cool!" Way too funny, she's so adorable!