Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Would you Like to Wake up to This Each Morning?

I know I do!  This is our view each morning we wake up from our window.  We're here in Canmore, Alberta on vacation.   These magnificent mountains are called the Three Sisters and are literally right out in front of us in the valley.  We have a panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains all around us.  

It is so stunningly beautiful.  Vast, wide open, peaceful, stunning beauty. 
 I always say that I feel God's presence the most in the mountains.  Everything in my life becomes clearer, and more in perspective.   All the clutter of my life that accumulates over the year all seems to melt away in my time here in the mountains.  One of my favourite verses from Psalms is Psalm 121:1 "I lift my eyes up to the mountains, where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth".  There is something about the mountains that refocuses my life on how majestic my Maker is and His depth of love for me.  

I hope you are encouraged today by that truth.  You are LOVED by this Creator!  Whether you are experiencing the mountain tops...or the storms like below..."The Lord Himself watches over you!  The Lord is your shade at your right hand" (Ps 121:5) 


We're here all week, I'll probably show you some more pictures this week of our time in the mountains, we hike and bike here and experience a lot of great things - which in itself is a great thing since my husband tore his quad muscle off his knee and had surgery just 3 months ago.  We're really grateful he can even hike at all!

But after all this... we'll get back to cards!  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christine, these pictures are so incredibly beautiful! I'm sitting here all misty eyed enjoying your touching devotional. Thank you so much! Our Maker has surely used you today to reach out to me as we get ready to depart to take Stephen to school. We're packing the trucks today and pulling out early tomorrow morning. I am strengthened by the verse you chose and your words. Thank you, my friend. Enjoy your family and be safe on this last leg of your journey. Blessings, Jerri

Yosha said...

Wow! Lived in Edmonton (well Leduc) for 14 months and didn't get around to exploring...still kicking myself!