Wednesday, August 20, 2008

DD/DDA August Challenge - What's In a Number?


Here we are at the 20th of August, can you believe it? Well, it's time for another Dirty Dozen Girl and Alumni Challenge. This months' Dirty Dozen Challenge was issued to us from Jen Del Munro to create a Birthday card but without the word Birthday and using numbers. I really wasn't sure that I'd even be able to get the challenge done, but it's my brother's birthday on Sunday (can you guess how old he'll be????) so it fit well with the challenge. Come on over and check out what all the other Dirty Girls have created HERE: or by searching DCB808 over at Splitcoaststampers.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I'd use numbers since I have no chipboard numbers, didn't think I had any stamped numbers....and then I remembered this old SU DSP and my old Bold Alpha numbers, so I hunted them down and then chose my color palette from there. Retired True Thyme, Vanilla, and Bravo Burgundy.

I chose the rounded square shape based on the sentiment stamp, (card is 5.5 x 5.5) and added Crystal Effects to the DSP to make the numbers pop. The ribbon gave me the dotted theme and piercing and the brads pulled it together.



Recipe: Stamps: Lovely Labels, Bold Alphabet Numbers Paper: True Thyme, Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, retired DSP Ink: Vanilla Craft, Bravo Burgundy, True Thyme Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Piercer, Dimensionals, Vintage Brads, Prep School Ribbon Originals, Crystal Effects, Rectangle punch

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE the card you came up with for the challenge, Christine!! Just fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Christine, this is fantastic! Your brother is going to love this! You've nailed the challenge! I love the Crystal Effects on the numbers and the ribbon is so, so perfect, you rock Girl!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I know I shouldn't pick favorites -- but -- LOL!!! This was probably MY most favortie card in our challenge the other day -- there is just something about this card that spoke to me -- it is so well done, so cohesive, love the repeated dotted theme, the subtle numbers, the darling main image panel -- and I love those old colors!!!! A totally FABULOUS project!!!